Senior Dam Safety Engineer Portland
Job ref: POR00081
Primary Location: USA-OR-Portland
This senior level position will be responsible for leading our NA emerging strategy for GHD’s dam safety engineering disciplines. Duties will include the ability to bring new dam and hydro clients to GHD while providing the highest level of part 12 inspection services to bear. Duties to include the tracking of potential clients, mining existing client bases, mentoring junior staff and growing the participation in our Part 12 group.
You will also be responsible for driving our newly evolving service line in Dam Safety and provide leadership within the industry and provide industry exposure within the Dams community. Other duties will include providing NA Dam Inspection Service services support to our AUS team and providing senior level engineering experience to pursuits and clients within our Global reach.
- Registration as a CA PE
- MS in Civil, Geotechnical or Structural engineering desired
- A minimum of 10 years as a PE consulting in dam safety or closely related field
- Hold Part 12 Certification and is Performing duties of FERC Part 12 Independent Consultant (IC)
- Preparation of proposals and supporting proposals led by others
- Collaborating with service line communities in the global GHD community
- Providing leadership and oversight of project execution
- Serve in a Mentorship role to those at GHD who are pursuing FERC Part 12 IC Certification
- Alignment to GHD core values, systems and procedures
- Providing Professional Engineering services to GHD Hydroelectric Clients