Senior Consultant / Consultant / Assistant Consultant – Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Requisition ID: 2018-23316
- Work Location: GB-London
- Department / Discipline: Environmental
- Position Type: Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting Senior Consultants / Consultants / Assistant Consultants to join our team delivering Environmental Impact Assessments, Strategic Environmental Assessments and Sustainability Appraisals, due to continuing success in London and the South East.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant contribution to the continued success and growth of a reputable and successful team as well as contribute to a wide range of high-profile projects across Wood’s business. We have a proven track record in delivering high profile major projects across sectors including transport, nuclear, renewables, water, government and industrial, and with a strong work book we are looking to expand our team.
You will join an enthusiastic and supportive team and will experience a challenging and fulfilling working environment. There are significant opportunities for ongoing and structured career development across Wood’s wider Environment and Infrastructure consultancy business.
Building on a strong academic background and experience in the fields of EIA, SEA, or SA, you will be responsible for providing support to the Environmental Assessment team in terms of delivering environmental consultancy services to a full range of clients. You will also be involved in supporting technical studies including air quality, noise and ecology.
- A degree (or equivalent), in a relevant environmental discipline, with a strong emphasis on EIA and/or SEA
- A proven track record working in a similar position within the UK
- An ability to communicate clearly both verbally and through written work is essential combined with a high level of computer literacy and a keen interest in environmental issues
- You should also be interested in assisting the undertaking of specialist environmental surveys (for example ecology surveys or noise and air quality monitoring)
- You should also have an interest in progressing to eventually fulfill a project management role in environmental consultancy.