Position: Safety & Training Supervisor Canada (STS)
|Industry||Oil & Gas|
|Location||1959 Upper Water Street
|Start Date||4th Sep 17|
|Contract type||Full Time|
|Contact||Stacie Murphy firstname.lastname@example.org|
For over three decades, Puglisevich has been delivering excellent candidates to local, national and international clients. Based in St. John’s Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, we are uniquely positioned geographically to meet the needs of our clients.
We have the industry insight to recruit excellent resources in industry sectors such as, but not limited to, oil and gas, marine, office and commercial, IT, power and utility.
Reports to: Master or Rig Manager, also indirectly reports to shorebased HSE Personnel
Location: Offshore, Nova Scotia
Unit: Noble Regina Allen, Jack Up
Leverage the rig management toward creating an injury free rig culture. Work to develop better (rig based) safety leaders by providing leadership and direction with regard to the Worldwide HSE Plan. Implement and uphold safety and environmental compliance requirements.
- High School Diploma (College Degree preferred)
- 3+ years offshore work experience in a Safety role
- Basic Survival Training (BST)
- H2S Alive
- WHMIS 2015
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space Entry
- Emergency First Aid
- Accident / Incident Investigation Training
- Regulatory Awareness
- CAPP Medical
- Must pass Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- High Energy; Passionate about making a difference; Willing to Learn; Self Starter; Self Motivated.
- Creative thinker; Able to see the big picture and think outside the box.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Monitor routine rig operations for strict compliance with Noble’s HSE Management System (HSE-MS). E.g. Permit to Work (PTW) System; Safe Rigging and Lifting Requirements; Derrick Inspection Manual; Job Safety Analysis requirements etc.
- Provide recommendations for addressing all sources of non-compliance.
- Develop relationships and build trust with the rig management, functional heads and rig crews by initiating frequent safety related conversations.
- Identify those policies and procedures supporting the HSE-MS that are either unworkable or in need of revision. Communicate all change requests to the region HSE group.
- Oversee all HSE training (competence) requirements for the rig management, functional heads and rig crews. Oversee the application of Skills VX to capture all training / licensing certifications.
- Recommend reading material; training films, workshops appropriate for rig management, functional heads and rig crews.
- Co-ordinate the offshore orientation for all personnel boarding the rig (and in accordance with Noble policies and procedures).
- Ensure specific HSE equipment on the rig is correctly maintained (as directed by the region HSE department and the SAP Program).
- Conduct various documentation duties including (but not limited to):
- Compilation of Monthly HSE statistics
- Provide oversight and tracking of the rig based corrective action log. Flag overdue actions items as appropriate.
- Produce periodic trend analysis based on information received from STOP cards, exercising of Stop Work Authority (SWA), Unplanned Events; Management By Walk Arounds etc. Communicate trends in reference to the “three buckets”.
- Act as the rig focal point and knowledge specialist for all HSE related regulatory compliance issues and certification requirements.
- Other duties as required.
Suitable and qualified candidate should send a copy of their updated curriculum vitae to Stacie.Murphy@puglisevich.com