EOI – Safety Systems Engineer Abu Dhabi
Job title: EOI – Safety Systems Engineer
Company: STS – A&C – EAAA
Location: Abu Dhabi AE PO BOX 105828
Job reference: IRC 143020
Brief Posting Description
We are currently sourcing a Safety Systems Engineer to join our team in UAE/Iraq.
The successful candidate will be responsible for Certified Functional Safety Expert (CFSE) Programming to IEC61511
This position will report directly to Maintenance Manager.
Main Purpose of the job;
- Research, evaluate and report on emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends, and best practices that can be leveraged
- Seek out innovation ideas using your deep understanding of current technology trends. Provide functional & technical expertise to the team for work process, applications & products. Assist in implementing product/system vision by ensuring that project platforming is consistent with strategy and ensure architecture alignment in projects/programs.
- Perform high level functional/technical design
- Act as Subject Matter Expert on Most Effective Technology components for Functional Safety
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOL) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
- Should act as technical interface to customers and is responsible to ensure that projects are executed within agreed schedule and budget to meet the customer requirements
- Should be able to independently carry out Control system & Safety System Hardware and Software Detail Design, Engineering, Application Development, Testing, Integration of Hardware, FAT with customer, Site Commissioning, system Cut-overs, Loop Checking
- Should be able to develop Functional Design Specification
- Should be able to develop Typicals / Templates for Complex Loops
- Should be able to read, Understand P&IDs, Control Narratives, Logic diagrams, etc.
- Monitors and controls assigned work scope against the project plan, ensures effective change control and identifies risks /opportunities
- Ensures that the engineered solution meets project requirements in terms of functionality, standards, quality, and supporting documentation and implementation process at minimum cost by allocating work assignments to project team
- Ensures that the final deliverable meets the functional specifications of the end user by doing thorough quality checks
- Maintenance support (If required) for Safety systems at Client facility.
- Must be willing to travel up to 40%
HSSE and Quality Responsibilities:
- Work in compliance with quality / safety procedures. Identify possible improvement opportunities and manage their implementation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. CFSE certified
- Should have worked on Safety Systems preferably Yokogawa.
- Should have experience of project execution as per safety life cycles.
- Should be aware of Safety concepts and terminologies.
- Works independently & is fully proficient in applying established standards
- Leadership abilities
- Good communicator
- Well organized
- Role model for developing staff
- Critical thinker with constructive approach
- Co-operative attitude and willingness to operate under a Lead Engineer as required
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC 143020 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system – applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood.
Health and Safety Supervisor Houston, US