Safety Supervisor Job in US with Kellogg Company
Job Ref: MAN007752
Job Function: Manufacturing
Primary Location: USA-GA-Rome
Job Type: Professional
Closing Date: Feb 10, 2019, 8:59:00 PM
Join us as a Safety Supervisor in our Rome, Georgia Bakery. Driving the culture that delivers on one of our priorities of people safety will give you the opportunity to lead with us. Engage with us as you collaborate with the plant’s leadership team and employees as we embrace the belief that all injuries are preventable and achieving a healthy and safe environment starts with ‘me’.
We produce over 100 million pounds per year of gooey goodness. We take pride in our outstanding safety record. We take pride in our outstanding safety record and winning the KNA 2018 Plant Championship for some of our best practices. Come join all the great things we can offer here in Rome!
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Follow the recipe! – Supporting the development and delivery of corporate health initiatives and providing management and hourly staff with functional guidance and technical expertise on related issues. Assisting security contractor to ensure the security program meets the needs of the company and the coordination and deployment of environmental procedures, such as HazMat response. Engaging with the Safety Managers efforts to maintain, and as appropriate, submit all records and reports required by the Company and OSHA regulatory agencies including the OSHA 300 log and injury records. Performing trend analysis on information
- Managing Cross-Functionally – Working with Engineering to provide input during the planning and execution of engineering and new technology applications to ensure that related safeguards are incorporated which meet all applicable regulatory requirements. Managing the Joint Health and Safety Committee, Return to Work Committee and all other committees and/or process involved in health and safety. Acting as a resource to all Managers, employees, union personnel, Workers’ Compensation, and government officials
- Best Practices = Best Results – Promoting hazard identification and making recommendations for corrective actions. Studying and making recommendations based on assessments done by occupational hygienist. Managing all chemicals by approving/disapproving all chemicals entering facility, internal storage and usage; maintaining all MSDS’s for site. Supporting the development, training, and management of an effective Emergency Response Team ensuring appropriate response in the event of an emergency incident. Help in administering the safety budget by planning, monitoring and controlling expenditures with emphasis on effective delivery at or below budgeted amounts. Tracking all personal protective equipment purchases and authorizing payment to suppliers. Responsible for MCRS® sustainability: Ensure achievement of all area / shift KPIs; ensure adherence to and continuous improvement of all area / shift MCRS® elements.
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- High School diploma/GED plus significant Safety experience in a manufacturing setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical or Safety field
- Effective communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated organizational, research and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively manage time/workload to maintain deadlines for Corporate and regulatory reporting
- SAP Experience
- OSHA Proficiency
- Workers Comp knowledge
Apply to this job