Safety Specialist Job in United States – Boldt
- Tracking Code: 209637-911
- Job Description
- The purpose of the Safety Specialist is to inspire, and maintain a “Zero Incident” safety culture. The Safety Specialist will lead, direct, facilitate, and support project “Zero Incident” safety initiatives. The Safety Specialist will be responsible for ensuring all required internal and external reporting obligations are met, including monthly reporting of site safety metrics. Through planning, leading, evaluating, and continuously improving the awareness and practice of safe construction methods, the specialist will strive to create a project environment encouraging a collaborative working spirit and an integrated project culture.
A successful hire will be willing to travel and/or relocate at any given time for the duration of a project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Control hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities through safety management and contacting supervisory personnel.
- Supervise and administer corporate safety/first aid programs.
- Conduct work area surveillance inspections, air sampling tests for confined space entry, property damage and personal injury investigations.
- Document all accidents, safety violations, unsafe conditions/activities. Issue confined space entry and “hot work” permits as required.
- Review documentation to ensure all required records and reports are complete, accurate and submitted per established procedures, and implement appropriate corrective action as required.
- Accompany all safety, health and insurance inspectors on walk through tours. Coordinate/assist in preparing written appeals for safety violation citations.
- Work closely with operational leadership to develop and implement innovative safety techniques, methods, approaches, and ideas to the project teams to continue to improve the Boldt safety culture.
- Required Experience
- Four year occupational safety/health degree or equivalent combinations of training and related experience. At least 3-5 years construction and/or industrial safety experience. Thorough understanding of and ability to enforce all federal, state, local, and company regulations. Ability to recognize hazardous situations and implement corrective measures essential. Good interpersonal and communication skills required. Should have computer skills (excel, word, blue beam, etc.).