Safety Specialist Job in Pittsburgh – Sargent Electric Company
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Full Time
We are looking for a SAFETY SPECIALIST in our Pittsburgh, PA Corporate Office. This individual will assist the Regional Safety Manager/Pittsburgh Safety Staff with development of project specific plans and permits.
- Conduct new hire orientations and on-boarding.
- Inspect and maintain inventory of Personal Protective Equipment in safety cage.
- Accompany Safety staff members to project safety visits and audits.
- Attend site specific kickoff meetings, and project-based safety meetings.
- Research industry best practices for continuous improvement of Sargent Electric Company’s Safety Program.
- Additional responsibilities may be administered.
- Excellent written communication skills. Proficient with computers, particularly Microsoft Office applications, including the ability to type.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of diverse individuals.
- Works efficiently under tight time frames, responds to requests in a timely manner, and communicates effectively as a team player.
- Understands the importance of being able to multi-task.
- 1-2 years of Safety experience.
- Graduate in Safety Management, Safety Sciences, or comparable degree.
- Must be able to work out of the Pittsburgh, PA office and must have valid driver’s license.
- OSHA 30 Hour Construction
- Experience in public speaking and training curriculum development
- Must be willing to travel locally (80%) and out of state if needed
- First Aid, CPR, AED trained.
- Basic understanding of electrical safety and general construction safety
- 3.0 GPA or higher