Safety Relief Engineer Exxon Mobil Billings United States
Job Role Summary
The Safety Relief Design Engineer conducts safety facilities studies for Exxon Mobil Billings Refinery.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Perform and/or lead pressure relief system analysis in support of projects and site activities
- Responsible for delivering efficient and accurate Process Safety Pressure Protection Manager (PSPPM) studies and solutions
- Assist site with risk based decision making on the recommendations that result from pressure relief studies
- Evaluate change management proposals for impact to Safety Relief systems; conduct analysis and recommend mitigations
- Perform risk screening and facilitate prioritization of mitigations through consequence evaluations
- Solid understanding of Process Design fundamentals with respect to safety, including, overpressure scenario identification and PSV sizing via API 520/521 methodology; pipe sizing and hydraulic calculations; pipe pressure and temperature rating; control valve sizing; and heat exchanger rating
- Demonstrated experience leading or mentoring technical teams
- Fundamental understanding of distillation tower, pump and compressor operation and performance
- Previous practical experience with a steady state process simulation tool, such as PROII or HYSYS
- Experience in Process Safety and Risk fundamentals including Risk Assessments and HAZOPS
- Experience in Process Engineering/Refining Process Technologies preferred
- Direct experience working at oil and gas operating site.