The Safety Programs Specialist will provide support to the Safety leadership team and NiSource business functions. The Programs Specialist will work to develop, support and sustain various programs and initiatives by analyzing data, conducting research, providing analysis and proposals for both new initiatives and continuous improvement projects, executing existing programs and initiatives, as well as providing support for sustainability of those programs and initiatives.
The Programs Specialist is responsible for the development, scheduling and coordination of various highly visible safety data management activities across the NiSource territory.
The program specialist position will support and further develop the NiSource Safety teams expertise in the development and execution of safety programs, initiatives, communications, processes and process improvements, and safety data management systems.
- Coordinate communication with all areas of the enterprise to assist in the effective rollout of initiatives and programs that result in advancing the safety culture.
- Deliver training of safety programs and initiatives as needed.
- Suggest and implement recommendations for improvement.
- Deliver updates both verbally and in writing concerning status updates to Management.
- Interface with both internal and external customers, suppliers and partners to ensure we are meeting commitments.
- Coordinate, record, and track project requirements according to internal and external customer needs.
- Plan and facilitate project meetings.
- Develop and maintain reports for safety programs and milestones for Management and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate information with Corporate Insurance.
- Travel to necessary NiSource locations
- Understand and adhere to all NiSource Ethical and Compliance policies.
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to NiSource HS&E policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution preferred.
- Safety education and related experience desirable.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft suite, in particular Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to learn a variety of internally used software programs.
- Demonstrated project management skills preferred.
- Demonstrated public speaking and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated applications of Human Performance preferred.
- Demonstrated applications of Behavioral Based Safety preferred.
- Demonstrated applications of Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action planning preferred.
- Experience in utility industry with an emphasis on safety programs and reporting preferred.
- Riskonnect user preferred.
- Exhibits the attitude and behaviors valued in the organization.
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to quickly assess and make sound decisions.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in MS EXCEL, Work and Power Point
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization both verbally and written.
- Ability to gather and analyze data to make informed decisions.
- Ability to accurately obtain, interpret, and transcribe a variety of communications and instructions.
- Able to recognize and evaluate risks, hazards, losses and prevent conflicts between activities.
- Adaptability; Building trust; Decision making; Building partnerships; Facilitating Change; Demonstrated sense of urgency and execution.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with remote team.
- Experience with group facilitation and information gathering.
- Ability to resolve problems and make effective business decisions; driving value added results.
- Ability to work well with all levels of Company and contract personnel. Must be able to process information and make decisions under stress.
Inclusion & DiversityValue inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others’ perspectives/convictions, engaging others’ opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners.
Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.
How To ApplyFor immediate consideration, please apply on-line January 6, 2017!