Safety Officer job at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
- The Safety Officer serves as the focal person for staff safety and security in the office and in field locations.
- Supports the preparation of field travel authorisations and maintenance of staff information.
- Works within the safety procedures of DRC, municipal policies and procedures and in compliance with all national acts and legislation.
- The safety Officer will support the Area Manager in managing staff safety and security in Mubi.
Overall purpose of the role:
- The role is responsible for supporting the day to day oversight of DRC staff movements and ensuring that key information relevant to staff safety and security is disseminated. Advisories, Alerts and Reports to disseminate to all staff.
- Administrative and Safety operational tasks that support the day to day running of the Safety Unit’s Operations.
- The Safety Officer will maintain a high level of contextual awareness and strong coordination with Program and Program support teams at the field level.
- The Safety Officer will report directly to the Area Manger with Technical support from Safety Coordinator and will be an integral part of DRC’s Safety Unit.
Staff movement oversight and support:
- Travel Security Clearances: Prior to any movement complete all security briefings for staff traveling to high risk field locations.
- Ensure that established movement tracking protocols are adhered to by both the Safety Unit and all DRC staff.
- Field movement tracking: Coordinate with logistics staff when directed to support Field level movement oversight and support.
- Ensure that appropriate access controls are in place for all DRC facilities
- Conduct site assessments and advise on mitigation measures, as required
Security incidents and data management:
- SMS Advisories: Draft and disseminate as required SMS alert advisories for DRC staff in the Safety Forum Whatsapp group when relevant and significant security incidents occur or elevated threat levels are reported
- Email Advisories: Draft and disseminate detailed Email advisories for DRC staff when relevant and significant security incidents occur or elevated threat levels are reported.
- Tertiary education (Bachelor minimum) in Communication, Politics, Risk or related field
- Experience working with NGOs, other international agencies or multinational business
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Stable, moral and robust character and a good team-player
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humour
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Strong information technology skills
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should visit Danish Refugee Council (DRC) career website on candidate.hr-manager.net to apply
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.