Safety Officer Inland Containers Kaduna
Job Type: Full Time
About Inland Containers
Inland Containers Nigeria Limited is a fully indigenous organization incorporated in February, 1980 to provide Port Services to the hinterland shipping communities in the country. The Company was born out of necessity and packaged as a veritable intervention facilitator to assist the rapid industrialization and development of the hinterland.
- Carry out the day to day operations within the department and contribute to the application of effective Health, Safety and Environmental management by providing technical support.
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Health, Safety and Environmental management.
- Maintain relevant HSE logs and documentation.
- Assist in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations.
- Prepare applicable HSE reports as necessary.
- Provide assistance and advice on HSE issues to make recommendations to facility management.
- Participate in detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis
- Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors.
- Assist in the development and presentation of relevant HSE training
- Observe HSE regulations, wears all required safety equipment, encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or report them to the proper personnel.
- Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as ICNL’s customers and regulatory agencies.
- Perform other work related tasks as required and assigned
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of HND/Degree in relevant field
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Candidates must be knowledgeable in specific relevant safety techniques and have a working knowledge of the legal and contractual health, safety and environs.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title and Location” as subject of the mail.