|Vacancy Title:||Safety Officer|
|Company:||AAA Middle East|
|Brief Posting Description
We are actively looking for a Fabrication yard Safety Officer to join our team in Dubai, UAE. This position will be for the duration of 4 – 6 months contract. The position will be responsible for managing HSE requirements in fabrication yard: ensuring that hazards and risks are identified and processes and procedures are followed to ensure that work is performed in a safe manner.
Main responsibilities will be:
· To provide safety expertise and advice (e.g. risk management, Behaviour based safety, positive interventions, Work Authorization, PTW, Critical procedures; WAH, CSE, Lifting etc.)
· To review and evaluate Contractor’s and Sub-Contractor safety documents for accuracy and compliance
· To support and monitor Contractors implementation and full compliance with Client Safety expectations and perform surveillance activities
· To assist HSE lead to complete PMT and Contractor safety leadership initiatives, safety stewardship ,reporting investigation follow-up and Projects emergency response coordination
· To keep HSE Lead and Fabrication yard management updated with status of safety issues/initiatives
· To conduct Risk Assessments and ensure contractor(s) are carrying out internal risk assessments
· To ensure safety training for contractor(s) personnel is carried out in accordance with company requirements
· To promote site hazard observation process
· To conduct HSE training/awareness sessions to the site team as required
· To ensure site team is aware of any HSE related procedures
· To promote safe behaviours all the time
· Preferred Diploma (or equivalent qualification) in relevant discipline
· Relevant experience in Oil and Gas industry
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC137715 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system – applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood Group.