Safety Manager Job with MTN in Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- To promote a Safety culture through sustainable risk based policies and procedures
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing HR Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business scorecard. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimization, etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Serve HR Division’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Build strategic partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Support Regulatory team to develop EAR/EIA strategies to achieve all element on the business
- Facilitate Occupational Health & Safety Committee Meetings with key stakeholders
- Deploy Incident Response and Management process across MTNN facilities
- Develop and deploy programs to effectively manage Safety risks.
- Maintain and ensure effective communication of Safety policies, processes, procedures, regulations and standards to employees.
- Manage and coordinate Safety audits and regulatory inspections across workplaces and facilities, provide periodic updates and propose recommendations for improvement
- Advice management on implications of current and emerging safety legislation, including evaluation options, making recommendations and generating action plans to ensure compliance.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop Emergency Response Plans and serve as primary contact for workplace injury and incident management and notification, investigation, and case management.
- Conduct investigations on workplace near-miss incidents and accidents and develop measures to prevent recurrences.
- Maintain a Safety Management Information System (SMIS) by recording all accident reports in a timely, complete, and accurate manner.
- Participate in MTN Group Insurance Risk Survey and ensure closure of issues raised
- Review and audit related third party service providers to ensure compliance with company, industry, local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations.
- Conduct Safety audits of third party facilities to ascertain fit for use (Hotels, Event Centers, etc.)
- Participate in new employee onboarding process
- Facilitate safety, accident prevention and investigation training programs
- Provide support for litigations and serve as witness in court summons
- Assign specific roles and responsibilities amongst regional teams for the effective and timely management of processes.
- Manage, Intervene, escalate & resolve issues concerning direct reports
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
Experience & Training
- First degree in related discipline
- Certification in ISO 45000 2018/Certification in ISO 14000 2015
- Possession of NEBOSH Diploma or Masters on Occupational Health & Safety
- 6-13 years working experience which includes:
- Mid-Management track record of 3 years or more
- 6 years relevant experience in Telco, Electrical services, Oil & Gas & FMCG
- 2 years’ Experience in Generalist Safety roles in a multinational company preferably at Mid-management level
- Experience in proactive Hazard Management & Risk assessment capabilities
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies
- Proficient in MS Office Applications and other Microsoft tools
- Ability to use and understand Safety software tools and applications, and apply it to work
- Experience in Professional Safety, Health and Environment Functions, with good exposure/level of experience in Safety
- Experience in applicable regulatory requirements in nigeria
- B.Sc or HND
Method of Application
Use the link below to apply on company website.
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.