Safety Manager Job In United States
Minimum Level of Education:
Minimum Years of Experience:
The Safety Manager is responsible for leading the implementation of prevention-focused Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) and security programs. The position will establish, execute and deliver an OpCo-specific strategy that supports Greco’s overall EHS objectives, including security and crisis preparedness objectives.
- Provide technical, customer relations, and personnel management for major programs and projects.
- Develops, implements, and administers success of the Greco Safe Program, including maintaining a high level of safety awareness.
- Hire review, coach, and develop the position of safety specialist. Monitoring work, adherence to policy and safety requirement. Issuing discipline when necessary.
- Review the team’s CMP’s regularly to ensure they are on track to meet their goals.
- Monitors the safety system and submits appropriate reports to management on a timely basis.
- Investigates accidents to identify causes and determines how such accidents might be prevented in the future.
- Maintains accident records, according to OSHA guidelines (OSHA 300/300A/301 Forms).
- Develops, implements, and conducts safety awareness training for managers, supervisors, and employees including new hire safety orientation.
- Administers and implements compliance programs required by OSHA and any state-mandated programs.
- Assists department managers in administering and implementing compliance programs for the Department of Transportation (DOT) (with Manager, Routing/Delivery), EPA (with Manager, Facility).
- Responsible for communication with agencies and successfully passing internal and external audits.
- Support creation of EHS goals for the site management and appropriate activity-based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance and results
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- 5 years of Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) management
- Ability to drive a proactive safety culture.
- Excellent communication and employee relations skills.
- Ability to analyze and independently solve a variety of difficult situations and problems.
- Effectively using time and resources to accomplish overall initiatives and program goals.
For information on Sysco’s Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.com
HOW WE PROTECT OUR COLLEAGUES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 71,000 colleagues and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 333 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 700,000 customer locations.
We offer our colleagues the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
How To Apply
If interested and qualified, Click on the link below to apply.