Safety Manager Job in Denver – Central (C70)
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 80864
As a Safety Manager in Kiewit’s Central District you will oversee the Safety program at the Project Level. Ensuring that all of Kiewit’s employees and subcontractors are working in the safest manor possible.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best” we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else
Kiewit’s Central District, one of Kiewit’s largest infrastructure districts, constructs and upgrades interstates, highways, bridges, airport runways, taxiways and associated facilities as a part of often challenging and one of a kind projects for our clients.
This role will be located in the Denver, CO in support of a local project initially. That being said, Kiewit is looking for long term employees, and the ability to relocate in the future is highly preferred.
• Manage the company environmental health and safety programs at the project level, driving a safety-oriented approach to work.
• Compile, analyze, and interpret occupational illness and accident statistical data at the project level; recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employee exposure to chemical, physical, and biological work hazards.
• Routinely inspect the facilities, machinery, and safety equipment in order to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
• Routinely monitor the workforce for unsafe behaviors and coach employees on the correct behaviors when observed.
• Develop environmental health and safety training materials to include manuals, brochures, PowerPoint presentations etc.
• Oversee and execute a paperwork management system to track training records to track all safety training initiatives conducted personally or by outside consultants/vendors.
• Interpret safety regulations for the project.
• Coordinate and present safety training to support client requirements including new hire orientation, fall protection, confined space, lockout/tagout and repertory.
• Interface with Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) (state or federal) officials/inspectors in the event of a site visit.
• At least five years’ experience managing construction projects in a heavy civil environmental health and safety related area
• Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of a safety program on projects of increasing complexity
• Knowledge of OSHA and CDOT regulations and hazard recognition, record keeping and injury management skills
• CPR/First Aid, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification and OSHA instructor certifications are preferred
• Strong work ethic with the ability to work individually and as a team
• Committed to working safe and getting the job done right the first time
• Ability to travel and relocate is required