SAFETY MANAGER AT C&W SERVICES UNITED STATES
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Louisville, KY
- Job Type: Management
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
This position will be responsible for programs to support a “Safety First” work environment for all C & W Services employees. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, plan / execute Safety training, conduct Safety audits, manage observation program, and in the field hazard evaluations / recommendations. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively communicate safety culture, priorities and results at all organization levels. Create safety awareness, participation, and recognition programs for all employees.
- Management of Safety records to include employee training, incident reports / countermeasures, OSHA 300 logs, OSHA records, and Workers Compensation cases / records.
- Communications with the customer include incident reporting, weekly contractors Safety meeting, and bi-weekly Safety program updates.
- Interfacing with C & W Services staff and hourly personnel to ensure Safety program expectations are met.
- Ensures all team members are compliant with company / customer regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for Safety Observer position performance and appraisal to include employee development planning.
- Respond to, investigate, report and take corrective action on all serious incidents.
- Must have a general knowledge of the following topics: industrial mechanical applications / machinery, industrial insulation applications, scaffold building, general buildings / grounds maintenance, and janitorial processes.
OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / DUTIES:
- Assist in the development of long range planning in support of the company’s goals and objectives.
- Uses interpersonal and management style to build commitment and team environment. Builds trust; influences and motivates others; has personal and professional credibility
- Must maintain positive customer and employee relations.
To be listed as part of annual performance assessment and forward planning goals. JOB RELATIONS:
This position will report to the Site Manager but will work closely with all C & W Services Staff and the customer’s Contractor Safety Manager. JOB FUNCTIONS – PERCENTAGE OF TIME SPENT BY CATEGORY
- Planning / Initiatives
- Incident Review / Case Mgmt.
- Observation Program Mgmt.
IN THE FIELD 25%
- Audits / Observations
- Work Hazard Support
MEETINGS 15%CUSTOMER INTERACTION 15%
- Incident Follow up
- ECR (Error Cause Removal)
- Solicit Feedback
EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT 10%
- New Hire Orientation
- Training / Training Coordination
- Education: Possess a high school degree or an approved GED. OSHA 30 hour Contractor Safety Course completion and/or OSHA 30 hour General Industry Safety Course. An Associate’s degree in Safety Management is preferred, but not required.
- Experience: Possess a minimum of five years experience in the industrial maintenance or construction fields.