SAFETY MANAGER AT C&W SERVICES IN LOUISVILLE
- Employee Type:Full-Time
- Location: Louisville, KY
- Job Type: Management
- Req Number: R56586
Job Description Summary
We are currently seeking a Health, Safety, Security, & Environmental (HSSE) lead for one of our accounts in the Louisville, KY area. The successful candidate will have experience in and will perform the duties outlined below. As well, they must meet the qualifications listed below.
FLUENT BILINGUAL (SPANISH) SKILLS ARE HIGHLY PREFERRABLE – IN ADDITION, TRAVEL (APPROXIMATELY 40%) WILL INCLUDE ACCOUNTS IN THE FLORIDA, ARIZONA AND TEXAS MARKETS.
- Manage and lead the continued deployment of C&W Services HSSE Management System to assure safety is part of C&W Services day-to-day operations;
- Effectively communicate C&W Services safety culture and operating philosophies of Safety First and Zero Incident at the account;
- Ensure the completion of Job Readiness Reviews (JRRs) and development of HSSE Management Plans (HMPs) for the account, including: (a.) assess hazards/risks; (b.) identify controls; (c.) work with Operations to develop Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) and; (d.) track and verify completion of CAPs;
- Ensure site implementation of incident reporting and investigation program. Participate in Safety Review Boards (SRBs) with Senior Managers if applicable;
- Participate in HSSE site inspections and third-party audits to assure compliance with Federal, State and local laws and regulations, e.g., Hazard Communication, Blood Borne Pathogens, Control of Hazardous Energy, Fall Protection, Electrical Safety and other OSHA standards, as well as Waste and Storm Water Management and DOT (HazMat) regulations;
- Support deployment of HSSE training and education program, including Loss Control, Job Safety Analyses and incident investigations. Monitor and support utilization of web-based LMS (Learning Management System);
- Support maintenance of required compliance records, including training/medical, OSHA 300 Logs, OSHA 300As, and program documentation,
- Submit periodic HSSE performance reports, based on both leading and lagging Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics;
- Support Workers Compensation claims tracking, investigation and management process;
- Assist with preparation of site-specific emergency response/action plans;
- Perform other duties as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES, if any:
The candidate may supervise one or two individual contributors.
REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education and/or Experience):
- BS/BA (preferably in health & safety, environmental science, engineering, or related discipline) is REQUIRED.
- 3+ years’ experience managing and leading safety and loss control efforts.
- Experience interpreting EPA and OSHA regulations.
- Experience in developing and presenting Safety and Loss Control training is required.
- Prefer safety-related certification, e.g., ASP/CSP/CIH/CHMM.
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances and tactics.
- Strong skills in communications, teamwork, analysis, with a customer focus.
- Strong organization and planning skills needed for managing multiple projects with deadlines at several locations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Candidates must be flexible regarding occasional site visits during shift work, early morning, evenings and weekends.
- Effective leadership, presentation and persuasion skills are a must.
WORKING CONDITIONS and/or PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work will be conducted at an industrial setting working in and around facilities and processes typical to the life sciences. Some travel required both in and out of state 10% to 20%. Must be able to climb stairs, access roofs and other areas via ladders, and handle hazardous materials. Ability to lift at least 25 pounds required.