SAFETY LEAD JOB IN UNITED STATES – OWENS CORNING
JOB LOCATION: NEWARK, OHIO, UNITED STATES
JOB ID: 53887
The Site Safety Leader is responsible for building a plant and / or department culture with an unconditional stance on safety. The Safety Leader will lead the development, implementation, and evaluation of critical safety & health processes/programs/procedures in order to achieve a zero-injury environment.The successful candidate will provide leadership and apply technical abilities to engage employees at all levels of the organization in order to develop and sustain world-class safety process.
The position may report directly to the Plant Leader or plant senior safety leader, has functional reporting to the Divisional Safety Network, and may serve as a member of the Plants Senior Leadership Team
- Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities.
The Safety Leader will establish and accomplish aggressive personal, and facility goals that align with division and Owens Corning corporate goals. These goals will reflect a total commitment to developing a strong safety culture and achieving a world-class safety process.
- Develop and manage plant or department Strategic Action Plans and deliver on all commitments
- Achievement of personal, department and facility goals.
- Translates safety and health strategies into results
- Developing safety leadership capabilities in our people.
The Plant safety leader will develop skills and grow capabilities in the assigned facility, including:
- Coach, mentor, and re-direct personnel in the plant in order to develop Extraordinary Leaders
- Assessing effectiveness of plant leadership from a safety perspective and providing development and recommending changes as required.
- Develop and implement training programs in a coordinated effort with appropriate plant personnel
- Continually reinforce the company’s stand on safety and always recognize employee accomplishments and contributions.
- Empowers employees to prevent or stop and correct unsafe acts or work conditions
- Builds organizational capabilities through people, technology, and process management
- Visible signs and indicators of the Four Extraordinary Leadership Behaviors
- Number of promotions for high performing and high growth talent
- 100% Completion of training plan and certified competence of all employees trained.
- Oversee legal compliance and adherence to OC policies and processes.
Lead and manage visible risk and the processes for adherence to OSHA regulations. Provide expert technical support in identifying and resolving critical regulatory issues.
- Oversee safety policies, systems and processes to ensure Sate and Federal, ISB business unit and local compliance as required.
- Ensure effective management of all safety incidents to avoid litigation, third party and union intervention
- For any safety incidents, ensure proper investigation, root cause analysis, communication and aggressive action planning and execution to prevent future repeat incidents across any OC locations.
- Recordable incident rate (RIR)
- % closure on safety incident corrective actions within 30 days
- Deficiencies in internal H&S audits
- Prevention of the reoccurrence of similar injuries and incidents
- Bachelors degree in any field related to EH&S, such as industrial hygiene, engineering, science or equivalent
- Professional certification preferred but not required (ASP / CSP). Must be willing to take the professional certification examination within a reasonable time..
- Prior safety leadership experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus
- 6 – 8 Years’ Experience
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of health and safety compliance law and industrial hygiene
- Ability to identify critical process and system needs and then implement appropriate action plans on a global basis.
- Ability to establish agreement and consensus with management
- Ability to effectively engage primary employees in both union or non-union environment is critical
- Ability to promote a team environment and must be able to initiate, lead and drive cross-functional team projects to successful completion
- Adept in developing and delivering safety training
- Ability to integrate resources across the organization
- Highly ethical: Can be trusted to do only the “right thing” for the employees, shareholders and others.Follows a balanced approach without compromising integrity.
- Results-oriented: Energetic, resourceful, with a strong service orientation and positive can-do attitude.Fully committed to the job and to deliver outstanding work.Never satisfied with the status quo, continually striving for excellence.
- Enjoys working hands-on
- Change agent: Capable of creating a vision improved performance and enrolling others to achieve goals. Able to anticipate risks and propose practical plans to mitigate them.Appreciates safety organization’s impact and is able to convey how safety is an integral part of the Plant’s business strategy.
- Ability to travel 5-10%
HOW TO APPLY
If your qualification meets the requirement for the role, click on the link below to apply.
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE news.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you