Safety Instrumented System/Fire & Gas System (SIS/FGS) Engineer Woking, England
Job Ref: VAC-61284
My Client in Woking is looking for a Safety Instrumented System/Fire & Gas System Engineer on a contract basis. Rates negotiable.
Brief Posting Description
We are currently sourcing a Safety Instrumented System/Fire & Gas System (SIS/FGS) Engineer to join our team in Woking, working on the world’s largest automation project.
At this time, we will only consider applications from EU-citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
Responsibilities / Duties:
Typical duties include the SIS/Fire and Gas system design, implementation and testing activities, noting that the target software will be configured at a remote office.
Typical duties include but not limited to:
- SIS/FGS I/O Assignments
- SIS/FGS Software Template Assignments
- IS/FGS FS/DDS review and updates
- SIS/FGS Configuration review
- Cause/effect review
- Internal SIS/FGS FAT Lead
- Customer SIS/FGS FAT Lead
- Minimum BSc Degree or equivalent experience
- Significant experience in Automation and Control Engineering
- Experience of Honeywell Safety Manager
- Good general knowledge of each engineering discipline with previous experience in directing personnel in an
- Automation and Controls Lead role
- Detailed experience with multiple system implementation project and/or control system platforms
- Established expertise in technical aspects of automation project execution in at least one technical area or system.
- Experience in project estimating, planning, and managerial/leadership aspects of project work
- Experience in the oil/gas, hydrocarbon, refinery, offshore, or infrastructure industries and is recognised as specialist in a specific engineering field on large to mega projects.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, international codes and standards, procedures, and specifications is a must have
- Working towards or being a chartered engineer and member of a recognised institution, such as the IET or IMC
- Knowledge of computerized control applications, tools or equal training/experience
- Good working knowledge of current industry specific technology and the application of current engineering software/tools.
- Strong computer and database skills preferred
- Strong leadership ability, communication skills, loyalty, enthusiasm, and diplomacy
- Potential visits to onshore and offshore sites (helicopter, boat), vendor shops and similar facilities
- Motivated for advancement and shows leadership skills by controlling the assigned scope to ensure it is completed to the required quality and budget.
- Excellent communication and team motivation skills
- Enhanced problem solving and ability to act diligently on behalf of all stakeholders