Safety Instrumented System Engineer Exxon Mobil India
Job Role Summary
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) of instrument safety issues, resolving questions and issues through familiarity with industry, governmental, and plant safety standards.
- Create strategy for the development and coordination of SIS reliability improvement efforts, processes and systems.
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) resource for Global Production Units, life cycle management
- Develop and /or support development of all Safety Instrumented System (SIS) Functional Safety and related deliverables
- Participate and facilitate Functional Safety Assessment, LOPA assignment review meetings
- Steward Safety Instrumented System (SIS) performance and metrics and long-term SIS bypass management
- Assist in implementing and maintaining reliability programs and processes: Defect elimination, Predictive/Preventive Maintenance Plans, Criticality Analysis, SIS and associated metrics.
- Provide capital projects Safety Instrumented System (SIS) support and consulting
- Provide Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) / Layer Of Protection Analysis (LOPA) support
- Provide input for Turnaround preparation, including analysis of online versus offline function testing and maintenance of various SIF’s and devices.
- Assist with training and development of operators, technicians, and engineers in order to improve skill-sets with respect to LOPA and Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
- Assist in training and development of Instrument Reliability Specialists and Technicians and SIS/PES Specialists and Technicians.
- Provide leadership for implementation of reliability systems.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in oil & gas production / refining / petrochemical industry
- 10 or more years of SIS experience in reliability and / or project roles
- 15 or more years of instrumentation experience in reliability and / or project roles
- Broad-based experience as a Safety Systems / Functional Safety Engineer in Upstream or Petrochemical environment
- Must have strong team-building skills with ability to build teams across organizational lines.
- Experienced in the selection, specification, configuration, testing and maintenance of safety instrumented systems following ISA / ANSI -84. 00. 01 and IEC 61508/ 61511-1, NFPA 85 / 86
- Experience in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Experience in Upstream process knowledge strong understanding of process units and business drivers
- Experience and knowledge of instrument and control systems through design and field installation
- Proficient with the development of all SIS Functional Safety and SIS related deliverables including Functional Safety Plans, LOPA calculations, response time calculations, SIL verification calculations, safety requirements specifications, alarm specification for SIS /IPL, Cause and Effect diagrams, system block diagrams, logic narratives, and function / logic block diagrams
- Proficient with SIL calculation software (e.g. SILSolver)
- Thorough understanding of P&ID symbology and presentation techniques
- Experience in SIS hardware inspection, FAT, SAT, loop checks, start-up and commissioning
- Experience in SAP knowledges
- Knowledge of instrument maintenance practices