California, United States, CA, US
Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor, Regulatory Compliance, Safety Officer
Other Skills: Pipeline, Construction, Midstream, Refinery, Distribution, Terminal
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Competitive wages, Extensive benefits package, Paid Vacation, 401k w/ESOP contribution, and more.
Location: California, United States, CA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Safety Management Systems, one of the largest providers of Health, Safety, Environmental, Medical, and Training services to the Upstream, Midstream, Refinery, and Petrochemical markets, is currently looking for Safety Specialist to join our team in Carson, California and Tracy, California.
Job Summary: Promote, establish, communicate, and implement safety expectations and initiatives; monitor and stimulate execution with contractor’s safety policy, rules, and procedures; and monitor conformance with project and site safety execution plans and implement improvements where appropriate.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Attend and document pre-shift safety meetings
- Perform and document stop-work actions as needed
- Prepare reports for business unit and HSE regarding contractor performance
- Organize hazard hunts and document resolution of found issues
- Perform presentation and training on site specific safety orientations
- Verify contractor compliance with written HSE program and regulatory reporting documents
- Monitor and report of contractor safety targets
- Assist business unit and HSE in performing contractor evaluations
- Verify contractor has training in place for scope of work
- Perform a weekly “sampling” review of contractor’s JSA’s
- Participate in investigations and follow-up of incidents/accidents; prepare notifications/reports for communication of significant incidents to company project/functional management per project incident reporting procedures
- Communicate HSE expectations to contractors, thrid party contractors, and rig personnel
- Review and document all incidents and near misses, communicate these to the BU and EHS, assist in developing corrective actions as needed
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an HSE Advisory capacity within the Oil and Gas industry
- Bachelor Degree in Safety, Environmental, Industrial Engineering/Technology, or a related field is a plus
- Industry certifications are a plus (CHSO, OHST, ASP, CSP, OSHA 500)
- Must be knowledgeable of regulatory requirements and experienced in EHS Management systems
- Scheule is 9/80 – Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and callouts when needed
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written. Written skills include the ability to write memos, reports, and other correspondence. Verbal skills include the ability to speak to large groups of people making presentations, excellent telephone skills, and good interpersonal skills.
Suitable and qualified candidates should apply here