Safety HES Supervisor Marathon oil Dickinson, US
Job Title: Safety HES Supervisor
Location: Dickinson, ND, US, 58601
About Marathon oil
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent global energy company focused on U.S. unconventional resource plays. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company operates in United States, Europe and Africa.
Marathon is currently seeking an Safety HES Supervisor for the Bakken Asset Team. This position will be based in Dickinson, ND and will be responsible for leading a team of HES professionals and ensuring HES compliance and conformance for our operations North Dakota.
- Provide hands-on, visible HES leadership and support to Marathon Oil’s Bakken operations.
- Lead and further develop a team of HES professionals and technicians.
- Play an active role in the development, implementation and continual improvement of Marathon Oil’s HES policies, procedures and guidelines; provide fit for purpose asset team level procedures to ensure compliance. Work with internal stakeholders to develop and implement.
- Be well versed in variety of environmental (air, water, waste) and safety issues and help guide these programs in the Bakken.
- Assist Pipeline and Drilling & Completions teams with adherence to all federal, state and local permitting and regulatory environmental requirements.
- Review incident reports and make necessary notifications to Corporate and/or regulatory agencies. Also responsible for participating on HES audits/GPS Risk Assessments.
- Assist site management with completion and submittal of all required environmental reporting to agencies and external parties. Act as liaison between site management and regulatory agency officials.
- Provide oversight on specialty vendors performing environmental tasks on operating sites. Work with HES Manager to budget and plan for costs associated with pipeline construction and D&C environmental compliance.
- Assess HES process, identify gaps and coach for improvement.
- Manage HES priorities for an active, diverse team.
- Travel throughout Bakken region as needed. Potential travel to Houston, TX, and other Marathon locations on a periodic basis.
- Minimum 4+ years of HES experience preferred. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Track record of successful environmental procedure and development and implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering or a health, safety or environmental focused discipline.
- Leadership skills – must be able to effectively influence, direct and lead others.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally.
- Willingness to travel within the asset—expected travel ~25%.
CLICK TO APPLY