Safety, Health, Environment & Quality Coordinator Job in United State
Company: Epiroc USA LLC
Location: United States (Ohio, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania)
Last Date to Apply: March 28, 2020
This open Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Coordinator position can be based in or within two (2) hours’ drive time from Harrisburg, PA, Cleveland, OH or Milwaukee, WI.
The successful candidate will assist in the development and implementation of SHEQ programs, processes & procedures and will serve as the designated SHEQ advisor to ensure compliance and continual improvement, with all company and regulatory (e.g. EPA, MSHA, OSHA, DOT, etc.) requirements in the eastern part of our US operations. This position is considered Safety Sensitive.
- Implements, manages and works to continuously improve the Company-wide safety, health, environmental, and quality program
- Works to decrease workplace injuries and risks through developing and managing safety and health programs, tracking safety related trends and disseminating information across the organization
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all relevant Federal, State and Local environmental, health and safety requirements such as EPA, OSHA, MSHA, and performs applicable compliance audits in those areas
- Establishes and communicates SHEQ policies and procedures to company staff
- Recommends and prepares enhancements and modifications to existing programs to ensure compliance with all requirements
- Conducts routine inspections and audits throughout company sites to identify, measure and control SHEQ concerns and opportunities for improvement
- Investigates accidents, injuries and occupational illness complaints that occur within the workplace; performs a root cause analysis to determine and recommend the implementation of safety procedures to reduce and/or eliminate those job-related injuries
- Performs case management duties of all workers compensation claims; communicates with designated providers for medical and physical therapy; sources various providers and addresses any employee complaints with regard to their claim
- Evaluates and formulates personal protective equipment (PPE) program resolutions; recommends specific PPE for the various areas of production; audits PPE usage and arranges for the outfitting, training and maintenance of PPEs
- Assumes additional assignments/tasks to answer unique needs of the management team or the SHEQ department manager
- Assists in the administration of the Company’s Information Management System (IMS)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline is preferred; Associate’s degree with related experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years’ minimum experience in environmental and occupational health and safety and/or loss control or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Mining or Construction industry experience is highly preferred
- Experience with ISO standards and IMS administration is preferred
- Advanced verbal, written and presentation skills
- Must be self-directed, organized and self-motivated to accomplish goals
- Up to 40% travel is required in this position, scheduled in consultation with the SHEQ Manager
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.