Safety, Health & Environment Manager Job in Australia
Job ID: 985786
Job Type: Permanent Full-time
Location: Aus – VIC Regional
About the Opportunity
To support the delivery of the West Gate Tunnel Project we are looking for a Safety, Health & Environment Manager with experience in large scale precast or manufacturing projects to join our Precast Manufacturing team in Benalla. We are looking for a driven, ambitious and resilient individual who can lead the development and implementation of the project’s health and safety management system and drive the health and safety culture on site.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the largest Precast Manufacturing Facility in Australia and be part of the team supporting the West Gate Tunnel Project. During peak production, up to 1500 tonnes of concrete per day will be produced with a workforce of up to 300 people.
Typical Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the development and administer health and safety education and compliance programs for employees, clients, contractors and visitors.
- Contribute to the development and implement occupational health and safety procedures based on approved company policies in the areas of health, safety and environment.
- Ensure the Precast workforce maintains robust risk management processes, capability, focus and discipline related to safety.
- Initiate and administer safety improvement, education and compliance programs across the Precast division.
- Investigate the causes of serious events on site and recommend actions to prevent future occurrences.
- Assist other HSE Managers for the Operating Units or projects, manage and oversee compliance and governance with our HSE management systems
- Provide support, coordination and advice of HSE practices, systems and procedures to internal stakeholders including operational leaders, project employees, contractors, clients and visitors.
- Develop and guide project safety professionals, providing training, education and awareness as well as mentoring for HSE aspects.
- Ensure the Precast workforce understands and has the necessary tools to meet their regulatory and legal safety obligations.
- Maintain comprehensive safety records, manage statutory reporting requirements and monitor safety performance progress.
- Maintain an update to date knowledge of relevant legal, regulatory and company safety requirements, ensuring workplace are informed of relevant changes.
- Communicate safety matters to management and staff as appropriate.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Advanced Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent.
- TAE Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- 5+ years in a safety management role within manufacturing or construction.
- Previous experience in return to work and injury management.
- Quantitative and qualitative risk assessment and monitoring of risk controls and actions involved in the delivery and implementation of the project.
- Knowledge of safety legislation and statutes, and the ability to interpret any applicable statutes or legislation relevant to the project.
- Knowledge of environmental legislation and statutes, and ability to interpret any applicable statutes or legislation relevant to the project.