Safety Engineer Job in Pennsylvania
Innovative leader in metals industry has an immediate opening for a safety professional to support the programs and operations at their flagship facility in the Lancaster/Reading area.
- Provides full scope safety and health support to Maintenance and Contractors on site, to include equipment safety such as lockout/tagout, confined space entry and supporting construction projects, etc.
- Will work to design protective equipment and devices for machines, redesign of machines and plant equipment to eliminate hazards.
- Drive safety culture change with human performance tools and develop and audit incidents prevention programs.
- Leads cross-functional teams in support of design and implementation of EHS projects.
- Works closely with the plant personal and corporate EHS professionals to identify and implement continuous process improvements relative to EHS.
- Minimum of a 4-year degree in Safety or a related technical discipline
- At least 5 years of hands-on, plant floor health and safety program management in a manufacturing facility.
- In-depth knowledge and skill in support of equipment safety, fall protection, incident investigations and contractor safety orientation.
- The successful candidate will have exceptional communications skills including written and verbal as well as complex problem solving skills and team leadership capabilities.