Safety & Emergency Response Specialist Job in United States
- Job Number: 3266984
- Job Function: Environmental Health & Safety
- Business Segment: Aviation Supply Chain
- Location(s): United States; Alabama; Huntsville
The Safety & Emergency Response Specialist will provide direction and assistance to work groups in order to meet assigned EHS objectives. In this role, you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short term planning.
- Provide support to Site Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Leader and/or site management on various EHS issues
- Initiate, develop, and deploy EHS Site policies, practices, and procedures
- Be the subject matter expert for high risk safety programs for the site including LOTO, Confined Space, Hot Work, Electrical Safety, etc.
- Provide site leadership of Emergency Response efforts
- Conduct EHS inspections, risk assessments and accident/incident investigations
- Create and Manage EHS related records and documentation to demonstrate EHS programs effectiveness
- Assist consultants and contractors on related EHS issues
- Assist in conducting EHS education programs
- Assist in issue resolution
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Environmental Health & Safety).
- Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in EHS.
- Knowledge of high risk, life safety programs including LOTO, Confined Space, Hot Work, Working at Heights, Electrical Safety, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience with Emergency Response and Planning
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels within the company as well as organizations outside GE (regulatory agencies)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Established project & program management ability
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of and experience with OHSA 1910.119 (PSM)