SAFETY DEPARTMENT ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT IN UNITED STATES
Job Number: 1900019G
Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for performing a variety of complex, specialized, administrative and office functions and will specifically support the Safety Department to ensure daily operations of the department run efficiently.
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Perform a variety of administrative and office support functions to ensure the daily operations of the department run efficiently.
2. Support one or more managers including scheduling meetings, maintaining calendar, and travel arrangements to ensure their time is managed efficiently.
3. Support functional area by being the point of contact for department procedures and practices to ensure consistency.
4. Assist department manager and/or supervisors or other staff with their daily functions to ensure department goals are achieved.
5. Review and code departmental expenses to ensure accurate accounting and budgeting.
6. Maintain/update reports to ensure compliance with company policies as well as local, state, and federal regulations.
7. Maintain department files to ensure they remain organized and current.
8. Order and maintain inventory of department supplies stock to ensure supplies are available when needed.
• Associates Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
• 2-5 years of office and administrative experience.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Must have knowledge of commonly used office and administrative concepts, practices and procedures
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Excellent organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
• Strong customer service focus
• Demonstrated high level of proficiency with MS Office Suite and the ability to learn new software
• Exceptional problem solving skills with consistent follow through
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work well with all levels of staff as well as external customers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Team player.
• Ability to abide by Granite’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis.
• Overtime may be required at times.