Safety Coordinator Job in Texas – Tanco Enginering
Location: El Paso, TX
Type: Full Time
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess written communication skills to compose reports
- Oral communication skills to communicate with co-workers, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service by answering questions, providing accurate information, and responding to requests on a timely basis.
- Ability to refine and investigate information when most information is available.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervisory guidance.
- Ensure general internal policies, operating guidelines, and standard procedures are utilized.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Highly developed verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills necessary to effectively work with hourly employees, staff and management in an open, cooperative and supporting manner.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and spreadsheet development and manipulation.
- Functional understanding of safety specific regulations and standards.
No supervisory responsibility.
Education and Experience
High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or other safety related certification preferred.
Minimum of three years of experience as a safety professional in a chemical manufacturing or petroleum refining environment required.
- Seeing: Must be able to read reports and use computer.
- Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers.
- Talking: Must be able to express and exchange ideas by means of spoken words.
- Sitting: Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Standing/Walking/Mobility: Must be able to stand and walk distances of up to ¼ mile.
- Bending/Reaching/Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, and climb ladders up to 20 feet and stairs up to 150 feet off the ground. Must be able to reach with the hands to table and overhead heights, stoop, bend, crawl, in confined spaces and vessels.
- Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift up to 55 pounds from the knuckle to waist height. Pushing and pulling is 50 pounds for distances of up to 100 feet.
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Major portions of daily work require application of manual skills involving motor coordination and finger dexterity.
- Must be able to use appropriate respiratory equipment to protect the employee whenever respirators are required.
- Work is typically performed outside a regular office in an oil refinery setting.
- Heavy exposure to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and flammable substances.
- Light exposure to electrical shock, bright or dim lighting, wet or humid conditions, and extreme heat (non-weather).
- Light exposure to extreme heat and cold, moving mechanical parts, loud noise, and vibrations.
- Light exposure to outdoor weather conditions including wind, rain, snow and heat.
- This is a safety sensitive position: will have to pass a drug screening, and background check; in addition will be subject to random drug testing.