Safety Coordinator Danone Netherlands
Location: Cuijk, NB, NL
Nutricia Early Life Nutrition is a specialized part of Danone and is one of the world’s largest producers of baby food. With a focus on scientifically developed food, Nutricia delivers proven benefits for consumers and better clinical outcomes for babies. With this, Nutricia supports Danone’s broader mission to make a contribution to the health of as many people as possible around the world through nutrition.
Danone invested € 240 million in the construction of our new production facility in Cuijk for Early Life Nutrition. This new plant will bring together the latest technologies and Danone’s goals in terms of sustainability, both in energy efficiency and in CO2 emissions. To strengthen our team we are looking for one.
As Safety Coordinator you are busy every day with everything concerning safety in our factory in Cuijk. A wide range of tasks is divided over various areas of attention:
H & S policy
- to be aware of Danone safety policy and programs and relevant legislation, to translate this into concrete agreements with operational departments
- implement, follow up, maintain and improve Health & Safety policy within operational departments
Implementation H & S activities
- performing RI & E’s, consulting with departments about shortcomings, action points, etc. and supervising the follow-up
- drafting and transferring of procedures and regulations and making available tools and equipment
- supervising compliance with (work) permits, safety regulations (including LOTO, ATEX etc.), for all employees, contractors and visitors, discussing and remedying deviations
- supervising audits and inspections and ensuring follow-up of agreements made, possibly acting as auditor.
- giving training, transferring knowledge on the work floor
- participate in projects within the organization in the field of H & S
- continuous improvement of the H & S activities and projects
- establishing and monitoring KPIs of operational departments, investigating deviations; Determine, discuss and implement corrective actions
- initiating, setting up and implementing improvement projects in the area of health & safety
- acting as a troubleshooter in safety issues within operational departments
- carrying out research into (near) accidents and reports of unsafe situations
- ensure sufficient awareness for H & S in the workplace, addressing employees about behavior
- point of contact for all health & safety issues within operational departments, supervising the implementation of improvement actions
- drawing up trend analyzes, advising operational departments on necessary (improvement) measures
- preparing internal and external reports, consulting with management and authorities in case of lack of clarity, shortcomings, etc.
What do you need to be successful in your role as Safety Coordinator?
- You are an authority on Safety
- A completed HBO / WO program, supplemented with or studying for HVK (Higher Safety) is a strong advantage
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in the field of Safety, improvement processes
- Work experience within a production environment is a must, within food is a plus
- Experience with, knowledge of Atex, physical load, physical factors, machine safety and dealing with hazardous substances
- Good command of the Dutch and English language in word and writing
- Excellent communication skills; strong, open, direct
- Able to bring about behavioral changes and embed them in the organization
- Leadership and good training skills
- Able to work both practically and strategically
- Work floor oriented; people and processes
We would also like to see the following competencies in your profile:
- Analytical skills
- Persuasiveness and influence
- Problem solving ability
- Result orientation
- Expertise / expertise
What do we offer you?
In all our activities we respect the Danone values that are fundamental to our company: Humanism, Openness, Involvement and Enthusiasm. These values guide us in how we work and interact with each other. Are you an energetic person who believes in these principles, then Danone fits you!
We offer you a challenging role in an ambitious organization, part of a large international group, with a pleasant, informal working atmosphere. Opportunities to further develop yourself and get the best out of yourself, including through our Learning & Development Program and special training courses. And also excellent primary and secondary employment conditions, including a paid-up pension.
Are you interested?
Then we look forward to your application. You can do this by clicking on ‘Apply now.