- Location: Plymouth, Devon
- Job type: Contract
- Sector: Aerospace and Defence
- Salary: Up to £35.00 per hour
- Contact: Karen Mullineux
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Duration: 12 Months
- Expiry date: 2019-07-25
- Start date: ASAP
- Client: Morson International
Duration: 12 Months
Pay Rate: £35.00 Ltd per hour
To provide professional safety engineering capabilities for our client, for assets and products designed by the client, with the exception of Nuclear Facilities and the NSRP. This support also covers commercial and MoD customers, operating through the client’s Marine’s business directorates.
* Providing Safety support in appropriate Engineering Discipline.
* Executing duties in accordance with Company procedures for, training, health and safety, personnel, quality and project requirements.
* Preparing and checking Safety documentation as required.
* Supporting preparation of Safety Case Reports and Safety Assessments as appropriate.
* Preparing and facilitating Safety Reviews.
* Managing safety Hazard Databases.
* Representing Group as directed by Supervisor.
* Delivering work to time, cost and quality.
* Providing professional engineering support to surface ship and submarine projects as directed by Supervisor.
* Assisting in the preparation of safety estimates and schedules.
* Assisting in the preparation of Technical Reviews in support of tender responses requiring safety input.
* Assisting in the Safety aspects of selecting sub-contractors and/or suppliers.
* Liaising with Project to resolve Project Safety issues.
* Liaising with Production to resolve safety problems.
* Successfully completed SSMO Safety course or equivalent and conversant with JSP430 and Def-Stan 00-56.
* Ability to communicate (both oral and written) in an effective manner.
* Ability to undertake and check results of Hazard Identification Meetings.
* Ability to produce professional standard work with minimal guidance activities
WE SEEK A SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)