Advisor, Safety – Tunnel Job in Australia
- Job ID: 990544
- Job Type: Permanent Full-time
- Location: Aus – Brisbane
- Categories: Safety / Health / Environment / Quality, CIMIC
Reporting to the Tunnelling SH Manager, the Safety Advisor will sit within the project team and contribute to the project by implementing initiatives that support Everyone Safe, Every day.
You will be accountable for:
- Contributing to a culture of “Safety and Health above all else”.
- Ensure safety systems and procedures are implemented and followed to ensure adherence with legislative requirements.
- Actively participate in the development of Safe Work Method Statements.
- Work with engineers, supervisors and workforce representatives to ensure the hierarchy of controls are used to eliminate risks.
- Conduct regular formal inspections of subcontractors work to ensure the SWMS covers all the work being done, that the controls listed in the SWMS comply with hierarchy of controls, and that controls are implemented and effective.
- Actively involve and coach project supervisors and personnel to support their ongoing development and knowledge of WHS processes and practices.
- Ensure actions from inspections, audits, incident investigations, observations, hazard reports, staff meetings and workforce meetings are captured, recorded and followed through until closed out.
Minimum requirements for this role include the following:
- Enthusiastic team player with a willingness to contribute and grow.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Health and Safety.
- 3 – 5 years previous experience in a similar role, on a construction project in an underground environment
- Alcohol and Drug Testing Qualification (desired).
- ICAM lead investigator (desired).
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.