Safety Advisor Job in UK – Skanska
Job Ref: CIV00023V
Location: United Kingdom
The Humber Project for National Grid, at a value of £150M is due for completion in 2019. This prestigious Project sees Skanska, PORR and A.Hak working in Joint Venture to provide full design and construction of a 5 km tunnel underneath the river Humber and installation and connection of a high pressure gas main pip
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced safety professional to work in a collaborative environment as part of the senior project management team influencing and leading on all aspects of health and safety performance.
You’ll have a broad range of responsibilities:
- Provide operational and functional management with advice on the prevention of accidents, ill health, environmental incidents and the practical implementation of the company’s SHE policies.
- Provide operational and functional management with advice for obtaining legal consents, licences and exemptions such as discharge consents, abstraction licences and waste management licences.
- Assist the Project Manager or Project SHE/E Manager in preparing and developing the Project Construction Phase Health & Safety Plan & coordinate reviews.
- Undertake site SHE inspections and participate in “Company” SHE Audit and inspections.
- Advise on the assessment and appointment of sub-contractors.
- Ensure that appropriate Project SHE performance is monitored and reports are provided as required by the Sector SHE Manager, and Project Manager.
- Assist in the investigation of accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences, near misses and other incidents where appropriate. Monitor and coordinate the close out of the above.
- Assist and promote the IFE (Injury Free Environment) programme on the project working closely with IFE Champions.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of SHE training courses and ensure that staff with specific SHE responsibilities have received the appropriate training. Organise and deliver relevant SHE Training where required including Inductions.
- Set standards and lead by example in the management of SHE
- Liaise with the HSE, EA, local authorities and other enforcing agencies.
- Assist with innovation and best practice implementation, write up and communication.
We’re looking for:
- 3 years SHE related experience
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate or IEMA Associate Qualification or equivalent NVQ Tech.IOSH or AIEMA or equivalent
- 5 years relevant SHE experience in construction/engineering industry
- Grad IOSH or AIEMA or equivalent
- Driving Licence
Our infrastructure team brings its design, build and refurbishment expertise to complex projects across the country. We form strong partnerships with clients and communities to deliver major infrastructure improvements like Crossrail, HS2 and the M25 widening.