SAFETY ADVISOR III JOB IN TEXAS
Job reference: RMS0217018
Location: Baytown, Texas
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months
Provides safety / health support to the site leadership team and the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) ) Contractor’s organization. In some cases, responsibilities may extend to other Safety, Security, Health, and Environmental (Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) ) issues, status, and metrics.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop and update safety standards, instructions, codes, and formalize them into company documented practices as required.
* Review designs for new projects and upgrade of existing facilities for compliance with company and industry safety standards.
* Respond to emergency situations and incidents either during or after regular working hours, to provide technical assistance and advice.
* Participate in developing and promoting on- or off-job safety educational programs to address safety issues or concerns.
*Assigned tasks may include: preparation of articles for publication, development of promotional materials, and delivery of presentations.
* Act as a mentor to other loss prevention professionals.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent preferred
* Demonstrated work experience in construction safety-related positions (including some prior oil & gas experience)
* Extensive knowledge of security processes and procedures
* Proficient in use of computers and programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Microsoft Office
* Read, write, and speak fluent English, as required to function effectively within a project team
* Prior experience working in a multicultural / multilingual, emerging nation, environment required
* Willingness to travel / live away from home for extended time periods
* Demonstrated ability (through past project successes) to deliver excellence in project SSHE performance
* Demonstrated ability to develop successful internal and external working relationships with emphasis on interfacing in a team environment
* Must be fit for duty for a construction field environment (examples include uneven, unpaved walking surfaces, large structures that are accessible only via ladders or stairs, standing for extended time periods, climbing, bending, walking, reaching, and other physical demands)
* Ability to work in harsh environments (examples include temperature and / or humidity extremes, remote locations with limited amenities) with changing priorities
* Ability to set priorities and work independently in performing contractor services with an appreciation for company processes and procedures
* No training will be provided (other than the company’s specific safety standards and procedures)
Additional Comments for suppliers:
Night Shift Safety Advisor Level 3
15+ years of experience
Night Shift Position
Six days , Monday – Saturday
How to Apply
if your qualification meets the requirement for this job, click on the apply link below to submit an updated copy of your CV:
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE news.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you