Our client, world’s largest liquefied natural gas company, is urgently looking for a “Safety Advisor” (Barge 1/DSV) willing to work under the following conditions:
Terms & Condition:
Work Location: Doha, Qatar (Barzan Pipeline Project)
Contract Duration: 30 Months (2 ½ Years) Estimated End Date – Dec 2020
Work Schedule: 7 days/Week, 12 hours/day
Mob and Demob Ticket: Provided
Living Allowance : Allowance Provided
To provide Safety advice, leadership/oversight and review, monitor and report the safety performance of the EPC Contractor, subcontractors and third party stakeholders for all onshore construction activities.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Occupational Health & Safety Qualification
- Conversant with the latest legislation concerning Health, Safety, Environment & Security Good computer skills.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years in Health, Safety and Environment affairs in the Oil and Gas Construction Industry.
- Worldwide experience of working with contractors in the construction industry.
Key Result Areas:
- Supports the Head Onshore Construction in the oversight of the EPC Contractor’s onshore construction activities and provides advice as necessary, to ensure they comply with Project SHE&S requirements, safety rules and regulations.
- Liaises and assists the EPC Contractor’s Onshore Pipeline Site Team in all aspects of safety, health, environment and security pertaining to the Project.
- Attends and participates in Site Safety Meetings, Safety Committee Meetings, Risk Assessments, Toolbox Talks and Job Safety Analysis.
- Audits and monitors onshore pipeline site construction activities at regular intervals, in order to identify any unsafe acts, to verify whether safe working practices are being adhered to, and to ensure Project safety procedures are being complied with.
- Conducts worksite SHE&S inspections to ensure that SSOW are being followed.
- Participates in incident investigations, root cause analysis and the development of corrective actions as required.
- Coordinates with other Site PMT members, EPC Contractor to ensure active participation in management site safety inspection tours and daily site walkabouts.
- Reviews all health, safety, environmental and security reports and monitoring the implementation of remedial actions.
- Participates in Emergency drills and ensure the effectiveness of emergency response protocol.
- Monitors and reviews the behavioral safety system, safety observation program and safety campaign, to identify developing trends.
- Examines trends and proposes corrective action to prevent recurrence of accidents / incidents as necessary.
- Provides weekly SHE&S reports, metrics and highlights and any compliance issues to the PMT direct Project SHE&S functional reporting.