Step ladders are used to work at an elevated point above ground level.
A lot of accidents have been associated with its use, mainly, falling from height.
In this article, i will enumerate the safety precautions that should be taken into consideration when using the step ladder. This is captured in “Safe use of step a ladder”
Tips on the safe use of step a ladder
- Always follow manufacturers instructions and the ladder label
- Face the ladder while climbing up and down
- Keep slippery materials away from the ladder
- Use barricade to keep traffic away from areas the step ladder is in use
- Maintain a firm grip.
- Only put the step ladder on a stable and level surface
- Always maintain 3-point contact when using the ladder (Two hands and one foot or two feet and one hand)
- Check for and avoid overhead power lines
- Avoid pushing or pulling stepladders from the side.
- Never work on the last wrung of the step ladder
Safety on the use of the step ladder is paramount if we must be complete any job using a step ladder successfully.
Imbibe these safety procedures when using the step ladder always.
Read Also: Ladder Safety: 10 precautions on the use of ladders