Risk Assessment Engineer Total oil and gas United States
Offer ID: 10797BR
Employment type: Regular position
Experience level required: 3 – 6 years, 6 – 10 years, 10 – 15 years, 15 – 20 years, More than 20 years
Affiliate: TOTAL GAS & POWER NORTH AMERICA INC
Branch: Refining & Chemicals
Location: CARVILLE-CARVILLE PLANT(LA-USA)
Deadline: 10th March, 2018
Provide technical expertise for the risk assessment function and process safety management. Act as facilitator of risk assessment initiatives including Process Hazard Assessments (PHA), Layers of Protection Analysis and Safety Critical Equipment and Instrument determinations. Document and manage the information and action items that result from these initiatives. Document the technical knowledge associated with process safety management. Act as the process safety representative in capital projects. Determine siting requirements through the use and development of LBU (Local Business Unit) Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRA’s). Responsible for the site MOC program and working with the supervisor in maintaining regulatory compliance of the programs.
- Organize and conduct Process Hazard Analysis (PHA’s) to insure compliance with the program.
- Coordinate and perform LBU risk assessments and supervise contract personnel that are conducting PHA’s.
- Provide guidance to LBU management and personnel regarding PSM requirements.
- Track and report process safety KPI’s to LBU and RPA management.
- Monitor the Management of Change program for the site.
- Oversight of process safety for risk assessments. Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOPS), Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA’s), Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), QRA’s etc.
- Ensure all Management of Changes (MOC’s) are receiving the appropriate level of risk assessment.
- Coordinate and/or conduct all the relevant PSI to be used in PHA’s and other hazard assessment studies.
- Lead and or participate in PHA’s and perform all necessary risk modeling for PHA studies, perform LOPA’s and determine Safety Integrity Levels (SIL) levels.
- Assist in the development of the Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) Life Cycle Program for the LBU.
- Assist with facility siting evaluations for the LBU.
- Assist with the development of the Safety Environment Critical Measures (SECM’s) for the LBU.
- Assist with and conduct process safety training for LBU.
- Participate in LBU process safety and Group or RPA led audits as needed.
- Perform duties as assigned in the Incident Command Structure as listed in the Emergency Response Plan.
- Assist production during unit upsets, turnarounds, etc. with PSM related materials
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Refining, Petrochemical, or Specialty Chemical manufacturing. At least 3 years in various unit operations within an operating plant is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably in Chemical or Mechanical.
- Experience in leading / facilitating risk assessment studies (QRAs, HAZOP, LOPA, Fault Tree, FMEA, SWIFT). Training in conducting PHAs will be required to maintain the position.
- The position requires strong computer skills with a strong knowledge of basic database functionality and ability to master risk assessment software applications
- This position requires a thorough knowledge of risk management concept