Retail C and I Health Environment and Safety Specialist Chevron South Africa
Location: South Africa (Durban, Kwazulu/Natal, ZA)
Deadline: 10 January 2018.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy. To learn more, visit the Explore Chevron website.
We operate 100,000 barrels per day refinery in Milnerton, Cape Town, that produces gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, liquefied petroleum gas, fuel oil, paving asphalt and other products. Chevron South Africa also has interests in a lubricant oil manufacturing plant in Durban and maintains a laboratory and blending plant there.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Retail Commercial and Industrial (C and I) Health Environment and Safety (HES) Specialist located in Durban, South Africa through 10 January 2018.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Field Support: Execution and Compliance (OE)
- Provides field support for execution of high priority OE processes and work practices, including loss prevention / incident investigation and reporting, contractor HES management, management of change, managing safe work practices , management system verification, risk management and OE assurance
- Ensures that appropriate risk assessments are carried out within the marketing business and that mitigation measures and safeguards are in place to protect the work force and the environment
- Provides lower level field support for execution of medium to low priority OE processes, including product stewardship, emergency management, security of personnel and assets, environmental stewardship, early injury management, repetitive strain injury prevention, fitness for duty and occupational hygiene
- Collaborates with area management to develop and implement OE business plans aimed at ensuring compliance with local laws, regulations and corporate policies
- Maintains an effective retail and C and I facility compliance program for all company owned and retail owned sites (and other facilities within Chevron’s operational control)
- Provides HES support for retail class of trade COT changes to effectively manage the risk and ensure the work is completed efficiently and incident free
- Provides HES support for any market entries/exits and for maintenance/construction projects in the area
- Supports the Sales team to grow the business by using HES to attract/retain key high volume C and I customers
- Supports relevant OE / HES matters on COT conversion activities and divestment plan
- Tracks and reports the HES / OE performance key metrics of safety, health and environmental management according to corporate requirements. Provides analysis and trending data for key OE metrics
Operational Excellence Management System (OEMS) Implementation:
- Stewards ongoing effective utilization of OEMS at all retail and C and I facilities. This includes supporting the vision, objectives, the gap assessments, and participating in the planning, implementation and review of processes for retail and C and I facilities
- Develops and conducts facility HES inspections and reviews. Develop gap closure plans and ensure gaps are tracked and closed
Change Management and OE Fluency Development:
- Coaches sales and marketing support employees to develop skills and improve their capability and understanding of our OE / HES expectations in their respective operations
Regulatory Interaction and Advocacy:
- Represents the business on all HES matters with regulatory agencies (national, provincial, local government)
- Monitors proposed legislation and regulations and provides advice on implications for marketing
Training and Exercises:
- Develops and conducts OE / HES training
- Managing safe work practices
- Retailer training course (for managers and supervisors)
- Retailer Initial training course (new retailers)
- Develops and conducts face-to-face OE / HES training in cases where computer based trainings in not practical or language is an issue
- Reviews retail / C and I / property facilities and optimization emergency preparedness / response plans and participates in training, drills and exercises
- At least matric qualification, with any qualification in OE / HES
- At least 2-3 years in the HES field
- Code 08 driver’s license.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills. Skilled in developing clear, concise communications and presenting to high level management positions.
- Fluent in using Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Degree / Technical qualification.
- Formal Health Environment and Safety Qualification.
- Experience in internal audit in a manufacturing or petrochemical industry.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron South Africa parameters.
Selected candidates will work in South Africa under the local payroll system and benefits.