Rescue Technician Texas
Requisition ID: 18-0081
Location: Pasadena, Texas
Serves as a Technician of the CCSM system monitoring the authorized entrants of confined spaces. Performs the operating, maintaining, repairing, troubleshooting, calibrating, testing, and cleaning on various types of communications equipment and gas monitoring systems. Key role is to help preserve the safe wellbeing of workers in confined spaces through the use of audio/video and human monitoring.
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs operation and maintenance of confined-space communications control equipment and console,
- Troubleshoots and repairs of analogue and digital circuitry including power supplies, fault detection circuitry, and other components.
- Lays outs, installs, calibrates, tests, troubleshoots production electronic components including monitors, speakers, routers, circuit boards, and power supply.
- Integrate multiple electronic components to transmit clear audio/video output.
- Apply advanced technical knowledge to solve transmitter problems.
- Performs calibration and swap out procedures on gas monitors.
- Maintains array of antenna elements.
- Instructs other technical personnel as required.
- Completes all documentation associated with service in a timely and accurate manner and obtains signature from customer if necessary so that proper documentation can be provided to customer. This includes all inspection and repair documents.
- Assists others including stocking shelves with clean, tested and ready to use equipment and pulling, staging and loading jobs onto trucks for delivery. Maintains work area and other areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Performs basic maintenance and care of assigned vehicle and/or trailer.
- Follows all steps required before allowing work per guidelines and procedures specific to work being performed. Ensured that all workers have on the PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) specified on the permit.
- Follows all procedures while work is in progress. Keeps visual and/or verbal communications with crew.
- Observes work conditions and maintains awareness of anything that could endanger the workers.
- Conducts job completion routine and completes all documentation per procedure.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience: Previous experience in oil and gas refining plant preferred. 2 years’ experience in reading and interpreting electrical schematics. 2 years’ of proficient use and care of various electronic equipment including
- video monitors, speakers, circuit boards, and power supply.
- Required Licenses or Specific Training: Valid driver’s license from state of residence and TWIC card. Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility and customer required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
- Trained in Respiratory Protection and fully certified to wear respiratory breathing equipment (Fit Tested).
- Other Required Skills, Knowledge or Abilities: Ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions and work permits and Plant / Refinery Confined space entry procedures). Second language is a plus.
- Ability to quickly grasp training and pass certifications to work in-plant.
- Ability to operate equipment including atmospheric monitoring meters (O2, H2S, CO & LEL); radios and familiarity with plant equipment where work is being performed is helpful.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to quickly become proficient in the care and use of all site specific, facility required Personal Protection Equipment.
- Must be able to work outdoors in an industrial environment.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Interpersonal Communications: Ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions and work permits and Plant / Refinery Confined Space entry procedures). Second language is a plus. Must have good communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal) and have confidence to tell someone that they may not perform work if conditions or procedures are not safe. Contacts with immediate associates and immediate supervisor for instructions, training and guidance. Frequent contact with customer and job site personnel so communication and interpersonal skills are critical to success.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop and bend. Uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific audiometric testing to evaluate your hearing ability of high and low sounds/frequencies,vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Industrial or shop environment. Frequently exposed to wet, humid, outside weather conditions and vibration. Works in some customer environments during later part of training. May be exposed to high pressure, chemicals, gas releases, or fire. The noise level in work environment is usually moderate.
Complexity of Duties and Decisions: Must follow established operational, process, compliance and safety and emergency response procedures. Must adhere to specifications and schedule. Work is reviewed for completeness and accuracy, or inherent checks are built into the nature of the work. Most errors are caught during self-inspection or by higher level staff before leaving work unit.
Authority: Works under close supervision: Works with a supervisor or a more experienced Technician to learn the job.