This article will cover the requirements to become an IOSH trainer.
However, if you want to become an IOSH trainer, you need to follow this up.
All prospective IOSH trainers need to be approved by IOSH. They will be asked for details of their safety and health qualifications, training qualifications and experience on the application form.
Trainer criteria to become an IOSH trainer differs from course to course, and is specifically to do with sector experience and level of IOSH membership. All members’ CPD (Continuing Professional Development) must be in good standing.
Requirements To Become An IOSH Trainer
All trainers of IOSH courses will need to:
- Be a Technical member of IOSH
- Have up to date CPD
- Have an adult training qualification at level 3 on a regulated qualifications framework; OR have successfully completed the IOSH Train the Trainer course
- Have two years substantial face-to-face training experience
Some specialist courses have different requirements, specifically to do with sector experience and level of IOSH membership.
E-learning training providers will need to have at least one Technical Member of IOSH. See other requirements.
Read Also: IOSH Membership procedures
Environment for Business:
- A level 3 (QCF) qualification in the environment sector or two years’ practical experience in the environment field
- To be an approved training organisation, you must have an IOSH member who works for your business. Your ‘nominated IOSH member’ must be a Chartered Member, and any trainer at least a Graduate Member of IOSH. Trainers must be able to provide evidence of their experience, knowledge and skills of working with, and training, a senior-level audience. They must have significant business leadership experience or a business qualification at level 5 or equivalent. Any information they provide to support their application will be verified – so by providing this information, trainers consent to us contacting third parties.
Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Site Managers:
- Have 3 years construction experience
Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Workers:
- Have 2 years construction experience
If you meet the IOSH trainers requirement, you can request to become an IOSH trainer
To request to become an IOSH trainer, see request form below: