Reliability Engineer Chevron Thailand
Location: Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
Requsition ID: 344104
Position Close Date: Sunday, 11 February 2018.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Reliability Engineer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to go through the selection process. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified at the end of the recruiting process.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Supports Maintenance Engineering team to deliver and to achieve the business unit goals/objectives, centralized maintenance key performance indicators / maintenance strategy in a safe, efficient and reliable manner
- Supports maintenance management activities including optimization of existing maintenance strategy and selecting value-based maintenance strategy for new equipment units
- Conducts, facilitates and administrates the root cause analysis (RCA) process for reliability incidents in accordance with the incident investigation and reporting process
- Identify the bad actors and worst actors for each facility and working closely with subject matter experts in Centralized Maintenance teams to provide the verifications, solutions, correction, and mitigation actions
- Perform and utilize reliability tool e.g. failure mode and effect analysis, reliability-centered maintenance (RCM), life data (Weibull) analysis and reliability, availability and maintainability analysis when required
- Adhere to and ensure the safety standard and company operational excellence (OE) health environment and safety (HES) expectation are met or exceeded
- Engineering educational background, instrument and electrical engineering in more preferable
- Minimum 2-3 years industry experience in instrument and electrical (I&E) maintenance in oil and gas business
- Preferred knowledge and experience in conducting and facilitating RCA, RCM, predictive maintenance, defect elimination or worst actor identification and resolution worst actor identification and resolution (WIR) and RAM analysis is a plus
- Good attitude, enthusiasm, creative and diligence
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills
- Proactively promote the Company core values and always meet OE HES expectation
- Understands the business impact and key contributing factors on economics and trade-off
- Seeks for continuously improvement in working process, able to challenge existing states and/or processes and understand trade-offs
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, well collaborating with other
- Able to facilitate the RCA investigation with various team members/parties/other key stake holders
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.