Regional Safety, Health & Environment Manager Job in San Francisco
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Regional Safety, Health & Environmental Manager
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
• Develop a career track
• Leverage your current skills while developing new skills
• Work with an incredible team of people
Sunbelt Rentals–the fastest growing rental business in North America–is seeking a Regional Safety, Health & Environmental Manager. As a Regional Safety, Health & Environmental Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating all safety and health activities of the region or multiple PC’s within the region.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Appoint Site Safety Mangers and Safety Techs to individual projects and oversee their performance. • Inspect and audit worksites for deficiencies and safety violations and ensure all deficiencies and violations are corrected in a timely manner.
• See that injured employees receive necessary medical attention.
• Manage injuries for best possible outcome and to avoid OSHA recordable treatment.
• Ensure all accidents/incidents are reported, in a timely manner, to the appropriate personnel including the Safety
• Director, Branch Manager, Regional Manager and Client contact.
• Ensure all accidents/incidents are investigated and corrective action to prevent reoccurrence has been developed and implemented.
• Assist in accident/incident investigations when possible.
• Assist the Safety Director in the management of worker’s compensation claims.
• Make safe work policy and procedure recommendations to the Safety Director for consideration.
• Meet with Customers/Clients to address any safety concerns or issues they may have and ensure their concerns/issues are addressed.
• Orientate and train employees.
• Serve as the Safety Representative at job “kickoff” meetings.
• Develop Safety Plans for jobs.
• Promote the overall safety program.
• High School Diploma
• Higher education a plus
• CPR/First Aid
• Minimum 5 years construction safety experience and/or formal safety training (i.e. OSHA 500, NCCER Safety Certification, etc.)
• Scaffold experience a plus
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws.