#REPORT SHARED AS RECEIVE#
Experts says that, it is as a result of heat waves stemming from the emission of the greenhouse gases.
The NIMET (Nigerian Meterological Agency) has warned Nigerians to be ready for more hot days and warm nights. The NIMET also states that what Nigerians will need is adaptation strategy and engagement in climate resilient practice to cope with this effect.
Health effects associated with the emission of greenhouse gases:
- Chicken pox
- Heat rashes
- Psychological stress
Safety tips necessary
NIMET (Nigerian meterological agency) Safety tips
- Drink much water: This helps for re-hydration. Note that the heat accompanying the greenhouse effect tends to sap much fluid from the body. This fluid need to be replaced.
- Keep water bottle close to remind you that you need to take water.
- Avoid drinking excessive alcohol and other caffeinated drinks
- Reduce intake of food rich in protein, example red meat. It is believed that food rich in protein tends to increase metabolic heat.
- Feed on fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Measure your blood pressure at regular intervals
- Stay indoors in your house between 12noon and 3pm each day as much as possible.
- Take cold water bath before going to bed at night.
The above are the safety tips presented by the Nigerian meterological agency (NIMET) to help us cope with the excessive heat resulting from the greenhouse effect.