Real Estate HSE Specialist Job in London – Shell
Job Ref: 134624BR
Employment Type: Full Time
Skillpool: Operational HSSE
Work Location: London – Shell Centre
No. of Positions: 1
Job Expires: 28-Feb-2020
Where you fit in?
Real Estate (RE) delivers a competitive advantage to Shell through the application of leading-edge corporate real estate, corporate travel and business operations practices. RE’s strategic intent is to enable the Shell Businesses to deliver on their goals by creating safe, secure, cost effective, and productive environments that allow people to perform at their best. Real Estate delivers non-hydrocarbon physical infrastructure to Shell Businesses, projects and ventures; manages the Group’s property portfolio and office facilities.
Based out of Shell Centre London, Waterloo, it supports the 2 connected buildings that make up the London campus, Shell Tullos office in Aberdeen, 3 gas plants located in Scotland (2) and England (1) and an office in Stavanger, Norway. Line manager to 1 staff member.
This RE HSE Specialist UK position will support the Site Managers for these locations and the respective Shell Real Estate (RE) team to manage our Facilities and oversee delivery of our Facilities Management contractors. The role reports to the RE Regional HSE Manager EMEA, and will be part of a Regional HSE Team of 8.
What’s the role?
- Provide coaching on HSE leadership and competency gaps to Shell RE managers
- Support implementation of the Real Estate HSE-Management System (MS), develop/ support implementation of local HSE requirements, meeting local regulations.
- Supporting Site leaders to develop and implement annual HSE Plans
- Connect with other Shell Business stakeholders to communicate and resolve HSE issues
- Drive behavioural safety and culture change programs
- Support Shell to manage contractor’s performance in line with contract requirements
- Pro-actively work to identify, lead and monitor waste reduction activities and other HSE Improvement programs and projects.
- Support data gathering, reporting and performance management
- Develop/ maintain a strong relationship with the Work Control Team delivered by the incumbent FM provider
- Ensure coordination procedures are in place/ effective to support the safe delivery of work by a number of different contractors working across London, Aberdeen and Stavanger
- Support delivery of construction and refurbishment projects that are executed by the FM provider
- The role may be required to support projects delivered by the Commercial Deals and Projects RE department
- E.g. Pre-qualification of contractors, incl. current project visits, contractor selection, risk managing though design and construction, on-boarding, mobilisation, audit/ monitoring & handover.
- Test Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules to check the adequacy and that all services/ systems, and assets under the control of RE are sufficiently maintained.
- Train/ support Shell RE Staff managing contractors to understand the value in HSE management of contractors
- Support/ facilitate Management of Change Processes
- Develop/ manage site HSE risk register and risk assessments
- Lead or support incident investigations as required
- Present virtual presentations to large communities across the EMEA region.
- Standardize best practices and share with regional teams and counterparts.
- Line manage 1 report
We’re keen to speak from qualified HSE professionals with previous experience in a Facilities Management company in an HSE Manager role, or as a client. You’ll also bring us your experience of fire safety systems, mechanical or electrical work, working at height, hot works, confined space working and lifting operations.
We hope to see the following on your CV as well:
- Member of a professional HSE governing body/organization
- Experience in delivering construction refurbishment projects
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders at different levels of the organization whilst delivering collectively agreed outcomes desirable
- A clear proven track record of delivery, self-starter with the ability and courage to initiate and manage change.
- Confident presenter/ trainer; communicator
- Passionate about personal development
- External outlook – ability to spot relevant external trends and translate these into opportunities and responses.
- Hold people to account for delivery of commitments by setting smart and joint targets and encouraging right behaviours
- Ensure that the team is clear on priority outcomes and has the resource and capability to deliver.
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.