Quality, Health & Safety Coordinator Job in USA
Job Ref: US72023853_E1
Location: Evansville, Indiana, USA
Assist the office manager in maintaining an effective Quality Assurance presence in areas shared by both Quality and EHS disciplines.
- • Work closely with all functions of the facility at all levels to ensure a safety focused culture.
- • Maintain 100% compliance with federal, state and local HSE regulations for the Tucson facility.
- • Assist in the development and implementation of HSE procedures, programs and systems for existing and new projects/tasks to eliminate or control risk, reduce work related incidents, injuries, and illnesses at the facility.
- • Conduct and document compliance/management system audits, and self-assessments at the facility to ensure compliance with federal, provincial, as well as specific ABB regulations relating to air, solid waste and water, and employee health and safety with a goal to reduce risk and liability.
- • Responsible for identification and timely submission of all applicable HSE permits (fire safety occupancy permits and any environmental / operating permits required) while maintaining the facility’s compliance records for all applicable permits.
- • Review Federal, State and local regulation changes that impact permits and permit compliance.
- • Conduct and document health and safety training of site personnel, including but not limited to Electrical Safety and LOTO Training.
- • Ensure the facility personnel have mechanisms to effectively address employee HSE concerns in a timely manner.
- • Drive improvements in compliance processes, employee training, and HSE performance.Maintain computerized HSE metrics and records. Participate in Joint Health and Safety Committee meetings.
- • Work with functional HSE leadership within Electrification Industrial Solutions to support key initiatives.
- • Conduct and document compliance/management system audits, and self-assessments at the facility to ensure compliance with specific ABB Quality regulations relating to gauge calibration, record keeping, hazardous and non-hazardous materials storage and maintenance for environment and shelf-life. Ability to maintain a relationship with materials vendors.
- • Ability to maintain and implement preventative maintenance objectives.
- • Minimum of Associates Degree or Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering, or Environmental Science and a minimum of 2 years’ experience operational safety, compliance, and environmental programs in a manufacturing or service and repair facility.
- • Ability to implement EHS programs and achieve measurable goals.
- • Strong: oral and written communication, leadership, project management, organizational, analytical, and auditing skills.
- • Six Sigma training or equivalent Quality training.
- • Ability to train and motivate employees.
- • Willingness to travel as needed and the flexibility to support multiple shifts as necessary.
- • Background in Quality Assurance – will 30% of average time.
- • Background in auditing to work instructions and standards.
- • Experience with preventative maintenance activities desired.
- • Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
How to Apply
If your qualification meets the requirement for this role, apply via the link below;
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE news.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you