Quality, Environment, Health and Safety Specialist Job in Dartmouth
Location: CA.NS.Dartmouth.1-130 John Savage Ave
Job Ref: R-030456
Job Type: Full time
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Reporting to the Health, Safety & Environment Supervisor (HSES), the Quality, Environment, Health and Safety Specialist (QEHSS) ensures that procedures are followed and precautions are in place during day-to-day work onboard vessels and payloads, and service provider shops.
The QEHSS is responsible for auditing quality of work, safe work practices, and environmental compliance. The QEHSS must be experienced, trained, fit, and highly motivated. The QEHSS will assist the HSES, LOM and other managers to ensure strict adherence to the quality, environmental, health, and safety programs.
- Manage the Quality/HSE systems to ensure compliance to external certifications and internal governance of with company’s policies and operating standards.
- Maintain risk register, monitoring, reporting and escalating anomalies where appropriate.
- Conduct hazard and risk assessments to identify and manage risks.
- Support internal training programs to ensure awareness and understanding of QHSE standards and the relevance to business objectives.
- Establish audit program, document deficiencies, successes, targets and report results to the management team and throughout the various business lines.
- Manage and maintain non-conformance reporting system, with responsibility to verify implementation of corrective and preventive actions.
- Monitor all quality related activities, this includes but is not limited to inspecting incoming materials, in-process inspection and finished products to ensure adherence to company quality standards and customer specifications.
- Lead investigations of quality failures and QHSE incidents.
- Support business line managers to maintain technical procedures as requested and mandated by specific standards.
- Monitor and monthly reporting of QHSE contractual KPIs to key client accounts.
- Provide guidance to ensure corporate and local health and safety policies and procedures are followed during all work activities.
- Monitor and support subcontractor program, inclusive of onsite orientation and monitoring.
- Provide support to business line managers to develop safe work practices, job hazard analysis, and behavioral interventions and step back.
- Communicate to the business unit up to date information, alerts, statistics and incidents.
- Support business unit with client pre-qualification questionnaires and writing content for proposals.
- Lead the coordination of system meetings relating to Quality/HSE, including the OH&S Committee, Monthly Facility Safety Meeting, Offshore Team Lead Meeting and ensure action lists and minutes are prepared, distributed, and follow-up is maintained.
- Collect, compile and produce reports and statistics on Quality/HSE performance, interpreting and recommending practical solutions to senior management that enhance service delivery and meet requirements placed on the Company.
EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Post-secondary training in an environmental, health, or safety program (preferred) or a CRSP designation (preferred) or a minimum of a five (5) years’ work experience in a safety role leading to attainment of a CRSP designation within the minimum time necessary upon assuming the position; and
- Train-The-Trainer coursing for HSE related topics considered an asset.
- Courses or formal training in quality such as ISO 9001 Team Auditor, ISO 14001 Team Auditor and ISO 45001 Team Auditor are considered an asset
TRAINING AND RELATIVE WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Fluent in MS Office software
- Strong delegation and time management skills, with initiative and follow-up capabilities
- Strong people management skills with the ability to provide direction, guidance, and development
- Training in inter-personal skills including problem-solving, team-building, and conflict resolution
- Training in technical writing
- Experience teaching Confined Space Entry & Fall Prevetion
- Knowledge of the SafeStart Program
- Working knowledge of marine industry regulations
- Training and experience in delivering presentations and giving briefs to internal staffs, service providers and customers
- Ability to obtain a security clearance of Enhanced Reliability Status
- Must be familiar with ISSC waterfront activities
- Familiarization with ISO 9001, 14001, and 45001
- Fluent in English and able to communicate verbally and in writing
- Training and experience in safe work practices including first