QHSE-S Manager Deme Group Portharcourt
About Deme Group
DEME is a global solutions provider in a challenging and rapidly changing world. Our expertise and vast experience has been deployed over the centuries for dredging, environmental and marine engineering business solutions such as: port construction and improving maritime access worldwide. We have been creating land for 150 years and will continue to do so in the future. Therefore we are looking for motivated candidates to reinforce our team.
- Have overall responsibility of all QHSE-S aspects of our activities and operations in Nigeria.
- Are responsible for the implementation, maintaining and continual improvement of company’s IMS (integrated management system) and VMS (vessel management system).
- Are responsible for the interfacing with all relevant local HSE authorities.
- Are responsible for the follow-up of all security aspects related to company’s activities.
- Are responsible for ensuring the effective achievement of QHSE-S department’s objectives and subsequent KPI’s.
- Will recruit, plan, motivate and regularly assess QHSE-S staff.
- Will manage QHSE-S compliance (legal and client requirements) and implement industry best practices.
- Are responsible for the auditing of corporate processes and operational projects.
- Are responsible for the management of HSE risk process.
- Are responsible for the incident/accident management.
- Are responsible for the management of environmental aspects and impacts.
- Are responsible for the implementation of behavior based safety culture.
- Are responsible for the set-up and implementation of QHSE-S training program.
- Are responsible for the pro-active QHSE-S support during tender process.
- Are responsible for the management of QHSE-S process for subcontractor, suppliers and service providers.
- Have a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or industrial Engineering.
- Have a minimum of 10 years of QHSE-S experience in an industrial or civil contractor’s environment, preferably within marine, oil and gas or mining activities.
- Are equally experienced and competent in the 3 pillars of the QHSE-S process (Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality).
- Have proven work experience both on construction projects and on corporate managerial level.
- Have strong background in integrated management systems (set-up and implementation).
- Have thorough knowledge of relevant standards (ISO 9001 – ISO 14001 – OHSAS 18001 – ISO 31000…).
- Have proven auditing experience.
- Are an effective and efficient communicator.
- Are a dynamic, motivating and goal-driven leader with strong inter-personal/people management and coaching/mentoring skills.
What Deme Group offers
- Opportunities to develop your career in a competitive multinational environment.
- Working in close cooperation with a team of motivated colleagues.
- Top quality education and training opportunities.
- A competitive salary and stable working environment.
Apply Online here