Project Engineer OS MERC Dubai
Company: AS EAAA – OS MERC-Middle East
We are currently sourcing Project Engineers to join our team in Dubai.
- This is a Home Office position based in Dubai, but will involve visits to the Client offices and/or site in Iraq. Normal working time will be 48 hours per week (9.6 hours per day).
- The contract is to provide engineering and procurement services, for gas processing in the southern area of Iraq.
- The work may consist of Conceptual study, FEED and detailed engineering and procurement for various brownfields projects in southern Iraq to capture the flared gas and process. Consisting of upstream gas gathering (dehydration and compression), gas processing (NGL and LPG trains), LPG refrigeration, storage & jetty off loading and pipelines.
- Reporting to a Project Manager, the candidate will be support the efficient execution of the projects to ensure that it is delivered within schedule, cost, and in accordance with the project quality and HSE standards.
- To promote safe behaviour at all times.
- To manage individual projects from initiation stage (estimate proposal) through engineering, procurement and final close out.
- Client liaison / focal point for assigned projects
- To ensure that the project is completed to the clients expectations within schedule and budget to the specified level of quality.
- To ensure that own actions plus those of the project team are conducted in accordance with the HSE management system.
- To support the efficient delivery of the project within schedule, cost, and quality standards.
- To support the development the project Scope of Work in order to define the required deliverables.
- To assist in the development of the project schedule and then take ownership once base line is approved.
- To manage the project risks and responsibility for related actions and close out of such.
- To manage change control within the appointed projects.
- To support the application of effective business controls throughout the project and in accordance with stated requirements. Controls will apply to all HSE, commercial, financial, quality, integrity, and schedule issues.
- To prepare individual project reports, interface definition and management, plus liaison with Client project engineers.
- To help ensure that technical integrity is fully maintained and that all deviations to project standards/procedures are formally recorded and approved.
- To help identify and cost or schedule reduction opportunities and ensure that these are pursued wherever appropriate.
- To support the management and reporting of both budget and schedule on a weekly and monthly basis.
- To support the management of all project audit reports, and ensuring that all audit action items are closed-out in a timely manner.
- To assist in the identification and resolution of project issues at the earliest opportunity.
- To help exercise control over manpower and material resources in order to complete the project within budget, schedule, quality, and HSE requirements.
- To help promote a planning – execute – measure – feedback methodology in project engineering.
Technical / Business Skills:
(e.g. Project Management Methodologies, Negotiating Terms & Conditions, Cost Models etc.)
- Shall have a strong commitment to safety
- Shall have sound supervisory and organisational skills
- Shall be an active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirements
- Shall have the ability to develop, interact, and motivate the project team based upon a matrix type organisation.
- Shall have hands-on experience of planning processes, including risking tools.
- Shall be PC literate in MS Office applications
- Shall be fluent in both spoken and written English language.
(e.g. oral & written communication, customer liaison, team player, etc.)
- Highly motivated and self-reliant
- Confident and assertive
- Problem solver
- Open thinker and innovator
- Clear communicator with a willingness to share knowledge and support others
- Flexible and adaptable
- Proactive, self-starting, with good business sense essential.
- High ethical standards
(e.g. Core Behaviours, Transferable Competencies & Role Based Competencies)
- Shall have proven capabilities in working with a multi-discipline team to deliver projects.
- Shall be able to demonstrate sound commercial appreciation and judgement.
- Shall be able to demonstrate sound general management skills in all aspects of project engineering
- Shall be well organised and methodical.
Business & Industry Experience:
(e.g. significant experience in process engineering, offshore role etc.)
- Shall have worked previously as a project engineer within the oil and gas sector on single projects or a portfolio
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in design, construction, and general project engineering in the oil and gas industry
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of project cost control and planning systems.
- Minimum of 5 years proven capability in an EPC type company
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage
- Degree in a relevant engineering discipline (B.Sc./B.Eng./M.Sc.)
- Membership of a recognised professional institute preferred