Primary Location: United Kingdom-England-Milton Keynes-UK, Milton Keynes, Precedent House
Job Type: Experienced – Exempt / Office
This is an exciting opportunity in Milton Keynes for a Product Safety Manager.
Your impact will be seen in these and other ways:
· You will develop and embed best-practice Product Safety processes and methodologies throughout the Electrified Powertrain Business Unit engineering function.
· You will ensure the design, develop and manufacture of products that meet safety requirements in every territory and country where they will be sold and used, for as long as they are in operation.
· You will assess Cummins’ existing Product Safety processes and adapt them so that they are fit-for-purpose for the new technologies, products and use-cases of an Electrified Powertrain.
· You will develop and deliver training material for Product Safety working practices to the EPBU engineering teams in EMEA.
· Your remit will include risk assessment, mitigation and escalation where necessary.
· You will be involved in the product sign-off process, ensuring all new product releases meet safety certification standards.
· You will also be involved in Functional Safety assessment and risk management, with reference to ISO 26262.
Skills and Experience Required:
· A good understanding of high voltage and its associated safety systems including BMS.
· A strong awareness of Product Safety tools and processes (ASIL, DFMEA).
· Core values and behaviours which underpin Cummins’ approach to product development, customer excellence and user-safety.
· In-depth awareness of Automotive product development roadmaps, testing and sign-off processes.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
· Bachelors Degree in Automotive Engineering or related discipline
· OR, equivalent vocational experience.
Compensation and Benefits
· A basic salary of £54,000-69,000 (dependent on experience)
· Cummins Contributory Pension Scheme
· 12% variable annual bonus
· Assisted Healthcare scheme
· Cummins Rewards
· Cycle to work scheme
· Flexible working hours