PROCESS SAFETY ENGINEERING TRAINING
Date: 25th-29th September 2017
Location: 91 Stadium road, Rumuomasi, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
This training is necessary for operators of FPSO, offshore production platforms, Onshore production and
process facilities, Olefin plants, lubricant production plant, petroleum storage depot, refinery/petrochemical
plants, Fertilizer plant, gas processing plant and other off-shore & on-shore plants.
COURSE CONTENT COMPLIES WITH OSHA 29 CFR ; 1910.119, IEC, API, AND OTHER PSM CODES AND STANDARDS
About the Course
This course provides the basics of Process Safety Management/Engineering fundamentals for hydrocarbon processing facilities, chemical plant, Refinery and petrochemical plants, fertilizer plants, NGL/LNG plants etc. The focus of this course is on the engineering/design aspects of Process Safety Management and engineering requirements required to ensure plant safety, reliability and integrity throughout the life cycle of plant operations. Iconic process historical incidents and recurring problem areas will be frequently mentioned, discussed and analyzed.
Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) techniques will be reviewed. Integration of the concepts covered to achieve a measured approach to Process Safety Engineering is a key aim of this course as well.
Mind mapping will be done on daily basis and group exercises will be utilized to emphasize the key learning points.
- Types of equipment and process systems that have historically been problematic in the Upstream and Midstream oil and gas industry.
- Basics of Risk Analysis.
- Thinking in terms of Inherently Safer Design.
- Most common process hazard analysis methods and where they are used.
- Layers of Protection concept – what the different layers are and how they are applied.
- Discuss several of the more common process hazard analyses.
- Identify the necessary requirements to organize management of change (MOC) to control hazards.
- Coverage and areas of application of mechanical integrity.
- Evaluate an incident investigation to share its lessons with others.
- Interpret a Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA) etc
Who Should Attend:
This course is ideally suited for the new hire engineer, the seasoned engineer newly assigned to process safety projects, and a supervisor needing an overview of what process safety is, why it is needed, and how it should be addressed and implemented. It is also useful to seasoned engineers, supervisors, and managers needing a refresher course to remind them of the fundamentals of process safety. Anyone responsible for communicating process safety information and expectations to the front line work force would also find this course to be of help and value.
Facilities, process, and design engineers, as well as Safety/loss prevention engineers who require to harness knowledge in the field of Process Safety Management and Engineering.
This course is essential to the oil, gas, petrochemical, fertilizer, chemical and even the hydrocarbon storage and steel companies.