Process Safety Specialist Chevron Mississippi United States
Location: Pascagoula, MS Mississippi, US
Requisition ID: 338709
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Process Safety Specialist located in 427135, MS Mississippi / United States.
Provides assistance in the implementation, compliance, communication, and continued improvement of many of the elements of Process Safety Management (PSM). Enhances the Pascagoula Refinery process safety culture, as well as the overall compliance, performance, and productivity of the refinery.
The primary job function of this position is to provide PSM facilitation of Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) using the LOPA (Layers of Protection Analysis) methodology for Pascagoula Refinery’s processing plants and new projects.
The Process Safety Management Specialist has interaction with the OE/PSM Manager, multi-levels of refinery and corporate personnel, government agencies, and other outside entities and must represent PSM with a high degree of professionalism and discretion.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provides PSM support to Operations, Maintenance, Technical Groups, and Line Management.
- Facilitates PHAs and other Risk Assessments.
- Facilitates incident investigations, using Why-Tree and TapRoot® techniques.
- Conducts field compliance audits and supports Corporate PSM audit activities.
- Develops and executes work plans to address continual improvement opportunities.
- Interprets and assists in the development of guidance documents on regulations and laws.
- Supports PSM metric generation, including interpretation of data, and seeks to identify problems and opportunities for improving process safety performance.
- Supports the refinery Management of Change (MOC) program.
- Supports the refinery Process Safety Information (PSI) program.
- Leads various process safety improvement opportunities.
- Develops and conducts training on PSM processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or environmental science
- 5 years’ experience in petroleum and/or chemical industry as an engineer
- Working knowledge of P&IDs and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Embraces a process safety culture and has experience with various OSHA PSM elements (PHA, Incident Investigation, PSI, MOC, and PSSR).
- Ability to organize and pay attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent listening and negotiation skills. Encourages open expression/discussions. Ability to facilitate group meetings obtaining and valuing input from all levels.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within the organization. Ability to write reports with minimum grammatical errors. Strong presentation skills.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.